[SOLVED] Do I need to uninstall 3200g Drivers when upgrading to a 3600 or a 2700x?

Aug 13, 2021
I'm just preparing for when I decide to throw my arm and leg at a new CPU as I'm just getting tired of my 3200 bottlenecking me anytime i play something.

Solution
I'm just preparing for when I decide to throw my arm and leg at a new CPU as I'm just getting tired of my 3200 bottlenecking me anytime i play something.

If you installed any drivers for it I would uninstall them as the last step before removing the 3200...why leave old drivers you won't need on the machine ?

Also would highly recommend the 3600 over the 2700x...had both myself and the 3600 is faster in gaming and ties the 2700x in most other apps.
I'm guessing you already have a dedicated graphics card? If that is the case then there are no drivers you need to worry about.

The only thing you do need to check is that your motherboard bios supports the cpu you are upgrading to (if using a 300 or 400 series board you will need to update the bios for Ryzen 3000 series processors for example).

If you installed any drivers for it I would uninstall them as the last step before removing the 3200...why leave old drivers you won't need on the machine ?

Also would highly recommend the 3600 over the 2700x...had both myself and the 3600 is faster in gaming and ties the 2700x in most other apps.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Solution
Aug 13, 2021

And would clearing Cmos be something you would advise to do?

Aug 13, 2021
Do you have a discrete graphics card?
You will not get a video output without one after upgrade to 3600 or 2700x.
yeah i've had a 2060S for a little bit now

the full story was this being my first build
Buy a 3200g
save for a RX 580
buy the 580
6 months later found a nice deal on 2060super and bought it
stuck with a huge bottleneck and am finally upgrading CPUs

SO: I just didn't know how the integrated GPU works, if it's installed some sort of driver that will conflict with a non APU or what ALSO I'm using windows 11 and I assume I can just reenable the TPM before it loads into Windows and whatever, just trying to make sure this is a smooth of a transition as possible.