[SOLVED] Do I need to uninstall drivers?

facundo.maidana.99

Commendable
Oct 28, 2017
My Evga 2070 card is running into overheating issues and I have just decided to switch to a 2070 super. Should I uninstall the old drivers manually before swapping the card? (I really dont like the idea of using DDU) Or should I just switch the two without doing nothing? Thanks in advance!

Solution
new hardware, new drivers.
unless the cards are the same make model and revision, the driver package can install different parts of the installation package.
fear not DDU. it was made to do one thing and it does it well. run DDU in regular mode, reboot into safe mode and run again, this will remove any files windows locked when in regular mode.
shut down . Remove old and install new card, verify the cables are correct, reboot the system and install the fresh drivers. newly downloaded drivers not the drivers that shipped with the card, those drivers are old already.
enjoy your GPU

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
new hardware, new drivers.
unless the cards are the same make model and revision, the driver package can install different parts of the installation package.
fear not DDU. it was made to do one thing and it does it well. run DDU in regular mode, reboot into safe mode and run again, this will remove any files windows locked when in regular mode.
shut down . Remove old and install new card, verify the cables are correct, reboot the system and install the fresh drivers. newly downloaded drivers not the drivers that shipped with the card, those drivers are old already.
enjoy your GPU

Solution