Do I Need To Uninstall First?

smallzZz8

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
Hello I have just purchased the Gigabyte 750 ti after having the nvidia evga 620. But is what I want to know is do I have to uninstall all the 620 drivers before putting in the 750 ti and installing its drivers? Or can I just keep the 620 drivers and once the 750 ti is down with its drivers and all at the point should i uninstall the 620 drivers. Just want to know so I dont mess anything up as the fact that I have never changed a graphics card before. Also if their are any other precautions that I need to know for changing a graphics card please let me know. Thanks!

Solution
It would be best if you uninstall the old drivers first. You can do this via Add/Remove Programs located in Control Panel. You can also locate your Graphics Card in Control Panel > System > Device Manager > Display Adapters > Right-Click on your GPU and select Properties then go to the Drivers tab and select 'Uninstall'. Perform both methods for best results. Then reboot your system.

Before changing your GPU make sure you are earthed (are not carrying any static charge) by wearing an anti-static wrist strap, or by touching a metal part of your PC case or touching an earthed domestic radiator in your house.

When installing the new GPU make sure it is firmly sat in its slot (not at a slight angle) and that the GPU...
It would be best if you uninstall the old drivers first. You can do this via Add/Remove Programs located in Control Panel. You can also locate your Graphics Card in Control Panel > System > Device Manager > Display Adapters > Right-Click on your GPU and select Properties then go to the Drivers tab and select 'Uninstall'. Perform both methods for best results. Then reboot your system.

Before changing your GPU make sure you are earthed (are not carrying any static charge) by wearing an anti-static wrist strap, or by touching a metal part of your PC case or touching an earthed domestic radiator in your house.

When installing the new GPU make sure it is firmly sat in its slot (not at a slight angle) and that the GPU power connectors are making full, secure contact with the card's power inputs.

Solution

smallzZz8

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013

Thanks you so much!

TRENDING THREADS