Question Do Power Chord Specs Matter?

Oct 2, 2024
I need a replacement power chord for my PC. I have a Thermalright Toughpower GF A3 1050w PSU. I have written to Thermalright requesting a new chord, but they have not replied. I have search Amazon and Newegg but there are so many options. Do the specs matter when buying a new chord? I mean amps and volts of the chord? AWG, etc. Any suggestions where and what I can buy?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Thermlaright don't make PSU's...you meant Thermaltake and I hope you've sent an email to Thermaltake and not Thermalright.

All you need to do is buy the same set of cables that are meant for your exact PSU, instead of buying cables that seem to have the right connectors since not all PSU's have the same pinout. 17~18AWG is the gauge of wire in case you want to fabricate your own cables and have the right connectors in hand.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I need a replacement power chord for my PC. I have a Thermalright Toughpower GF A3 1050w PSU. I have written to Thermalright requesting a new chord, but they have not replied. I have search Amazon and Newegg but there are so many options. Do the specs matter when buying a new chord? I mean amps and volts of the chord? AWG, etc. Any suggestions where and what I can buy?

*Which* power cord? There are like a dozen cables that connect to this PSU, all of which transfer power from one location to another.