Do static pressure fans have a strong pull?

Jan 1, 2019
I am using a "NZXT S340 elite" as my case. It has a solid front planel bit with 2 slots (one at the top and one at the bottom of the from panel) for intake airflow. It also has a dust filter infront of the fans. It accepts 2 140mm fans for intake. As it has limited airflow and a dust panel it has to suck a lot of air in. I was wondering if static pressure fans would be a good choice for intake fans in this situation. The fans are completely un-obstructed on the inside of the case. So do static pressure fans have a strong "suck" to them?

Solution
Static Pressure fans have both the strong pull and push force. Hence why it doesn't matter on which side of the rad you mount them.

With SP fans, you'll get better airflow (provided you pick good SP fans) but do note that with increased airflow, especially through obstruction(s), you will also get more noise. This is also a main reason why i, personally, don't like solid front panel cases.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Static Pressure fans have both the strong pull and push force. Hence why it doesn't matter on which side of the rad you mount them.

With SP fans, you'll get better airflow (provided you pick good SP fans) but do note that with increased airflow, especially through obstruction(s), you will also get more noise. This is also a main reason why i, personally, don't like solid front panel cases.

Solution