DO THE 4-PIN FAN HEADERS ON THE x470 AORUS 5 WIFI ACCEPT RGB FANS

Solution
**UH... take a step back guys..

First off, those fans are 3-pin fans not 4-pin. Some 4-pin headers work on motherboard have fan control for 3-pin fans too and some don't.

You can't really find that info anywhere so you'll need to install your MOTHERBOARD FAN SOFTWARE (may be in some bigger software package.. soo motherboard support site) then experiment.

*also, looking at this page it appears those are 3-pin fans (hence my discussion above) and the RGB doesn't work with iCUE so I don't see how you can even control them. Weird.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/LED-Color/Fan-Size/Package-Quantity/sp-series-rgb-led-config/p/CO-9050059-WW

**Also, WTF IS GOING ON HERE?
It says "compatible with Corsair iCue" in the upper right but says "NO"...
**UH... take a step back guys..

First off, those fans are 3-pin fans not 4-pin. Some 4-pin headers work on motherboard have fan control for 3-pin fans too and some don't.

You can't really find that info anywhere so you'll need to install your MOTHERBOARD FAN SOFTWARE (may be in some bigger software package.. soo motherboard support site) then experiment.

*also, looking at this page it appears those are 3-pin fans (hence my discussion above) and the RGB doesn't work with iCUE so I don't see how you can even control them. Weird.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/LED-Color/Fan-Size/Package-Quantity/sp-series-rgb-led-config/p/CO-9050059-WW

**Also, WTF IS GOING ON HERE?
It says "compatible with Corsair iCue" in the upper right but says "NO" to the same thing in the specs at bottom.

If you can't adjust them they'll just run at one speed which may not be their maximum.

So I'm confused.
My best guess is that if they are 3-pin fans you PROBABLY can use the motherboard fan software (or the BIOS if there is no extra Windows software) to adjust the fan profile.

So no RGB control likely, but probably speed control.

Solution
Jan 15, 2019

hi photonboy,
thank you very much for the quick response. is it worth buying a corsair RGB fan controller? because that would come with its own software and hopefully i can use them.
thanks again for all the help

bignastyid

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from adamrauter7 : "CAN I PUT RGB FANS ON A x470 AORUS 5 WI-FI"