[SOLVED] Do these gaming headphones exist?

gr0bda

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
So after my kids went through 3 pairs of junky Logitec (I think G23?) headphones (HORRIBLE quality) I'm looking for something that I think it would last longer. From my observation if such headphones exist it probably would be best for them:

-On ear cups, microphone (just about all of them have, so not an issue), decent sound quality, inexpensive if possible (under $100)

- COILED (curly?) cord, not straight 10 feet long that wraps around everything. That was terrible

-DETACHABLE on BOTH ends. So it can be
A) Replaced if it breaks,
B) Can be detached if someone wants to go to bathroom or to kitchen for a moment without taking them off

-Include reduction so it can be used on PC and PS4! (single port in gamepad, incompatible with PC headsets)

Do headphones like that exists? Anyone has a link?

PS Wireless out of question. Kids HATE remembering to recharge them all the time.

Solution
HyperX Clouds work fine on PC, it's just branding. If they have a single 4 pole connection it will work fine in a laptop as is, for a PC you would need an adapter.

I like the Alphas also (I own a set), and they come with a 3.5mm removable cable so you can probably find a coiled one to use. Another one that is very good for a gaming headset is the Cooler Master MH-751, they are back in stock and available at the original low price. https://www.newegg.com/p/0TH-008N-0...md3CDkN7AiFJYGFnN4BoChOQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I am...
Logitech can make some low-quality built headphones (and mice for that matter), but as far as I'm aware there's no major brand that even does coiled gaming headphones. That, and being detachable on both sides are luxury specs that usually don't come on cheaper headphones.

The best thing I could advise is looking into HyperX Cloud headsets. Cheap(ish), incredibly comfortable, high quality build and compatible with PS4.

Reactions: gr0bda
HyperX Clouds work fine on PC, it's just branding. If they have a single 4 pole connection it will work fine in a laptop as is, for a PC you would need an adapter.

I like the Alphas also (I own a set), and they come with a 3.5mm removable cable so you can probably find a coiled one to use. Another one that is very good for a gaming headset is the Cooler Master MH-751, they are back in stock and available at the original low price. https://www.newegg.com/p/0TH-008N-0...md3CDkN7AiFJYGFnN4BoChOQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I am actually going to get a set of the Cooler Masters this week, going on a business trip and I already know they are available at a local store I will be near. May as well have something new to play with if I need to spend a week in Detroit :)

Reactions: gr0bda
Solution

gr0bda

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010

I am actually going to get a set of the Cooler Masters this week, going on a business trip and I already know they are available at a local store I will be near. May as well have something new to play with if I need to spend a week in Detroit :)
In the end I went with HyperX Alpha headphones. They were the closest to what I was looking for. Thank you!