Question Do these results make sense to anyone??

May 12, 2019
System Info:
i7 7700 (Locked)
gtx1080 (GB WF)
GA-B250M-DSEH (MoBo)
EVGA 750w (PS)
Vivo (Case) 2 front intake 2 top exhaust 1 rear exhaust

Got a new Hyper 212 EVO. While I was playing Odyssey, I noticed more stuttering than usual. Turned on Afterburner to see temps and specs. I was running no hotter than 74c but was stuttering a lot more. Also noticed that GPU got as hot as 72c (never gone this high before) when I ran Odysses; Tomb Raider, Wildlands benchmarks. Switched to stock sink, temps went back up to as high as 85c (in benchmarks), however GPU never went higher than 68c also a lot less stuttering. Rinsed and repeated 3x with the same results. I want to run my CPU cooler to protect more against degradation over time, but i dont understand how im getting these results. With the stock heatsink im getting more CPU temps but less GPU temps and less stuttering. I want to protect my CPU and GPU cuz stuff is not cheap but i also want a good gaming experiance hence the decent hardware...at least i think it is... Anyways, do these results make sense to anyone?? Oh, yeah also I noticed that while on stock both CPU and GPU shared the workload more. they both increased in usage fairly even. While on EVO cooler the gpu did more work...LOL I have no idea whats going on.

May 12, 2019
What's the temperature in your room? Also, what way is the Hyper 212 EVO faced? IE: IS it pulling air or pushing air through the heatsink? Try tinkering with ingame settings.
This was lastnight so room temp was under 65f.
The heatsink was flowing with the case so it was pushing air through the sink out the back towards the rear exhaust.
Settings made no different with the stuttering. The fps maintained a steady 60 upto high settings

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
The i7 7700 is rated at 65W, so it is strange to be getting that hot with a 212 EVO or even with the stock cooler. How do you have the case fan's airflow set up, and at what RPM are they running? Also, does your GPU cooler exhaust out the back or up into the case?

mtracy1991

Reputable
This was lastnight so room temp was under 65f.
The heatsink was flowing with the case so it was pushing air through the sink out the back towards the rear exhaust.
Settings made no different with the stuttering. The fps maintained a steady 60 upto high settings

Take apart the Cooler & the CPU and make sure the CPU is flush with the mobo… or make sure all the pins are straight and what not. If this is fine, I'd say move to uninstalling your current gpu drivers to a previous driver for now and see if that works; it eliminates issues for some folks. If that doesn't work, then I'd suggest a format to your pc

May 12, 2019
Damn, I think I made things worse by messing with the fan setting with afterburner... now my frames are jumping from 130 down to 15 when I run benchmark. Very unstable. Gonna take everything apart and reinstall everything

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
I do remember when I was building a PC a while back, everything seemed to be fit together properly, but I was getting very high CPU temps. After examining the cooler, I found that the corner of the cooler's base was resting on a capacitor and couldn't make full contact with the CPU. After remounting, temperatures dropped so low that the cooler can work almost passively when the PC is at idle.

I see your motherboard has some capacitors within the CPU cooler area, so make sure the cooler isn't resting on any of these while installing. That will hopefully fix it!