Do they still make small hard drives?

I have had a Packard Bell Multimedia E153 computer since early 1997. The hard
disk is just starting to get physical errors on it. I'd liked to replace it
and use the Packard Bell restore cd to reinstall everything on to a new hard
drive but from what I've read the motherboard that comes with this computer
will only recognize drives that are 8 MB or smaller. All the drives I've seen
today are like 40 MB or larger. Do they still make small capacity IDE hard
drives?

I think you mean GB, not MB.

8.4GB drives are no longer manufactured, which means you either have to buy a
defect-free one from a reputable source, or go with a larger hard drive and an
add-in card with its own hard drive controller... Ben Myers

On 28 Jun 2004 23:00:20 GMT, djs0302@aol.comnospam (DJS0302) wrote:

>I have had a Packard Bell Multimedia E153 computer since early 1997. The hard
>disk is just starting to get physical errors on it. I'd liked to replace it
>and use the Packard Bell restore cd to reinstall everything on to a new hard
>drive but from what I've read the motherboard that comes with this computer
>will only recognize drives that are 8 MB or smaller. All the drives I've seen
>today are like 40 MB or larger. Do they still make small capacity IDE hard
>drives?

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:54:49 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) had this to say
and I had to reply to it:

::I think you mean GB, not MB.
::
[...]

That is why All the newer systems are coming in with these huge hard drives and zip drives and mega
everything.

Elector