[SOLVED] do vpns use end to end encryption?

Nov 7, 2021
im struggling to understnad something from the research/videos ive been watching about getting a vpn. i want to stay completley anonymous with the files i download. i understand vpn keeps the outside world from knowing anything. but what about the vpn service itself? if it brings a FILENAME.exe into the tunnel from the internet at one end and then the VPN shoots it out to my hard drive at the other, can't the VPN itself still see what you're downloading? i thought with end to end enecyption, even they can't see what the final file name is, because it's not unrapped until it leaves them and arrives to you. but i dont see anyone saying their tunnels rae end to end. just encrypoted from those outside of the tunnel. or is that no so?

Solution
But couldn't the VPN push the file out to me wrapped in one final layer of encryption (IE: keeping the letter inside the envelope). Then let me decrypt the final part so no one sees it but me?
Currently, with HTTPS, the data is encrypted from the server directly to your system.
No VPN needed.

What are you looking for a VPN to do for you?
Nov 7, 2021
most site is now https. so it already encrypted end to end.
but the end server still need to know what files or what site you requested so they can send to you.

But couldn't the VPN push the file out to me wrapped in one final layer of encryption (IE: keeping the letter inside the envelope). Then let me decrypt the final part so no one sees it but me?