Do you think this build will perform well until the end of 2019?

Nov 15, 2018
Hi guys!
I've finally completed the research for my first gaming build, and while I initially planned for a budget build I went for something more, with the hope I could game on high settings for at least a year. My components would be:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 (I'm thinking of overclocking it, eventually)
MOBO: Asrock AB350m-HDV
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 (2x4GB) 2400Mt/s (For the first period, until I have money for a 16GB dual rank)
PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE 630W (or 730, as it probably would be a smarter investment for about $20 more)
Case: Master Cooler MasterCase Pro 3
My biggest problem until now has been the GPU. I initially thought of buying a 1060, but decided for an XFX 580, as it's cheaper while having similar specs.
My question is: is the 8GB XFX card worth it for about $50-60 dollars more if compared to the 4GB version? Will the 4GB perform well until at least the end of 2019 with single player, open world titles?(I'm thinking of RDR2/Cyberpunk and the likes) I'm positive I'll have enough money for a juicy card by the end of 2019 (it wouldn't hurt if prices came back to something reasonable) and by then, as I mentioned, I plan to upgrade the RAM and overclock the CPU - changing the stock cooler with a better one.
Another doubt I'm left with is RAM speed. It is my understanding that MT/s and MHz are pretty much the same when choosing RAM. Are they really, or am I missing something? Different sellers use different units, but with the same usual values (...2133, 2400, 3000, 3200...).
It's my first time trying to build a pc and although I've done extensive research I might have made mistakes and misunderstood basic concepts; if that is the case I kindly ask you to be patient, and thank you in advance for advice and clarifications.

Solution
Do not get the Thermaltake Smart power supply, either one. They are somewhat poor quality compared to better units from Corsair, EVGA, and SeaSonic. (SuperFlower, CWT, etc.) You'd be here in a year or so with experts telling you to upgrade it along with your GPU.

Your definition of "perform well" may be different than someone else's. If you could save money on the RX 580 4GB then it would be okay. Definitely better than going with the 1060 3GB.

MT/s and MHz are the same when it comes to RAM. MT/s is actually more correct to describe the RAM speed. MT/s (I think) means Mega Transfers, and that is correct because DDR4 2400 is really 1200MHz that transfers data on both the on and off part of one cycle, effectively doubling the data...
Do not get the Thermaltake Smart power supply, either one. They are somewhat poor quality compared to better units from Corsair, EVGA, and SeaSonic. (SuperFlower, CWT, etc.) You'd be here in a year or so with experts telling you to upgrade it along with your GPU.

Your definition of "perform well" may be different than someone else's. If you could save money on the RX 580 4GB then it would be okay. Definitely better than going with the 1060 3GB.

MT/s and MHz are the same when it comes to RAM. MT/s is actually more correct to describe the RAM speed. MT/s (I think) means Mega Transfers, and that is correct because DDR4 2400 is really 1200MHz that transfers data on both the on and off part of one cycle, effectively doubling the data transfer rate (not the on/off speed). But most people use MHz because it's more common and people tend to get the idea.

Solution
Nov 15, 2018

Thank you for your answer!
By well I mean 1080p at 60fps, with high settings, which from what I've read around is achievable with the parts i picked.
As for the PSU, would a CX650 by Corsair be a good choice?

CX650 is a good choice. It is better quality than the CX450 and CX550 and better than the Thermaltake Smart series.

The RX 580 4GB should be okay. Only slightly less than the 8GB model. The next step up from both of those is the much more expensive GTX 1070, which would give some more future proofing at 1080p 60fps.

But like you said, high settings and the RX 580 should be okay. Some games are more demanding and will struggle with just about any hardware.