[SOLVED] does 6 bit and 8 bit depth make big difference

STRIDER9

Reputable
Nov 5, 2020
Does 8 bit monitor produce good picture quality than 6 bit?
Does higher bit depth means the perfect will be the picture quality and what is the difference between 8 bit vs 8 bit+FRC
Does 6 bit+FRC equivalent to 8 bit

Im really confused to pick the best display.Display choosing is such a messy thing

ALL I NEED IS BEST PICTURE QUALITY WITH GOOD REFRESH RATE(upto 144 hz)

AND MY BUDGET IS $280

Solution
Does higher bit depth means the perfect will be the picture quality and what is the difference between 8 bit vs 8 bit+FRC

Im really confused to pick the best display.Display choosing is such a messy thing

AND MY BUDGET IS $280

Hello!
Color bit depth number refers to the ability of the display to reproduce more or fewer colors.
The higher the number, the better. For instance, an 8-bit display will reproduce about 16 million colors, while a 10-bit panel will reproduce over 1 billion colors.

8 bits + FRC is not quite equal to a true 10-bit display, but it “tricks...

Endre

Reputable

AND MY BUDGET IS $280

Hello!
Color bit depth number refers to the ability of the display to reproduce more or fewer colors.
The higher the number, the better. For instance, an 8-bit display will reproduce about 16 million colors, while a 10-bit panel will reproduce over 1 billion colors.

8 bits + FRC is not quite equal to a true 10-bit display, but it “tricks our eyes” to make us think we’ve seen all the colors.

Should you care about this?
Only if you’re a photographer or a video content creator.
I wouldn’t go as low as 6-bit depth though!

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS