Does a black dot on processor affect ram/ram slots?

Jan 26, 2019
Hello! Does a black dot on the gold plate part of the processor affects the ram slot of my motherboard? I have a MSI z87s-G45. I want to do the dual channel but the 3rd and 4th ram slot wont work. I have 2 identical 4gb with the same speed. When I put it on 1st and 2nd slot, it works but when i put it on the 3rd and 4th there's no display.
I'm suspecting it's my processor. (See picture)

http://imgur.com/a/JCmmgY2

*I bought this motherboard 2nd hand but the seller kept claiming that it's fully functional. I trust him coz he has high rating as a seller on a particular website*

USAFRet

Titan

Try one single RAM stick in each of the slots. See what happens.

That one contact on the bottom of the CPU may be the issue.
Where did you get the CPU from?

Jan 26, 2019
I already tried one single stick at a time. It works fine on slot 1 and 2 but when I try placing it on either 3 or 4, there isnt any display. Ram speed is 1866 HyperX fury black 2x4gb. The bios is updated too. Version 1.9 same as the latest update at the MSI website.

I got the cpu from my brother. It's not brandnew tho, I think it's about 3 or 4 years old now.

There is one black square behind the cpu (the gold squares)

Jan 26, 2019
But why isnt my DIMM 3 and 4 slot not working? 1 and 2 works fine but when I place the ram on 3 and 4 it doesnt work. The motherboard is 100% working according to the seller. He did tested it with his i5 and 2 rams :/

salerhino

Reputable
Mar 16, 2016

Has he tested it in front of you or is he just claiming that?