[SOLVED] Does a cloud website limit download speed too?

ArjunY

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
So I was redirected to a website called 'inclouddrive' from a website to download football/soccer matches, and while my wireless network does have good download speeds (500 Kb/s to 1 Mb/s is good for me :)), the download speed on that website is a mere 24.5 Kb/s on average, also to mention that they advertise the difference between their free and premium download speeds. So is this abysmal speed to attribute to their website, and if yes, is their any cure to it?

P.S. Funny thing is that when I tried to create my account, they never even sent a confirmation mail, and then bluntly denied to have that email on their database. XD

Solution
No way to say for sure but it sounds like your fairly standard "free" data storage site. They have to pay someone for the hardware and building used to hold the servers. They have to recover this cost somehow so they pretend it is free but put limits on the transfer speed or data caps that make the service totally unusable unless you pay for the service.

Sites like this also tend to not have any budget for actual programmers so who knows what someone put together. Lots of idiots following some guide of how to make money on the internet.

Not sure if you are just looking for. You can still get small amounts of free storage from even very large vendors like amazon or microsoft. They are to a point also a scam but it is...
No way to say for sure but it sounds like your fairly standard "free" data storage site. They have to pay someone for the hardware and building used to hold the servers. They have to recover this cost somehow so they pretend it is free but put limits on the transfer speed or data caps that make the service totally unusable unless you pay for the service.

Sites like this also tend to not have any budget for actual programmers so who knows what someone put together. Lots of idiots following some guide of how to make money on the internet.

Not sure if you are just looking for. You can still get small amounts of free storage from even very large vendors like amazon or microsoft. They are to a point also a scam but it is fairly clear that it is a free trial and you need to buy more if you really want to save large files.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS