[SOLVED] Does a TR 2950x in Game mode beat or match I9 processors clock speed wise or IPC wise?

spikeysonic

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
Been trying to decide which route to go for, AMD thread ripper 2950x or I9900x.

One things thats come up if how the I9 Processors beat the AMD TR at single thread or low thread tasks.

However there is the TRipper Game mode where one die and half the cores (ie 8 of them) get shut down

I hear this boost performance in games and applications but by how much?

The standard speed of the TR 2950x is 3.5gz. How much does this go up in game model or half core mode as opposed to creator and all core mode?

Does it shoot up to the level of the I9900k? clock speed and IPC wise in game mode? has anyone got figures and if in this mode it would equal or beat the likes of the I9-9900x?

Solution
The big advantage of threadripper is many threads. I think when overclocked, they might top out around 4
If you are running single thread applications, the 9th gen K processors will OC to 5.0 on all cores, and that is as good as it gets today.
Pick the number of threads you need.
6 for the i5-9600k, 8 for the i7-9700K and 16 for the i9-9900K

spikeysonic

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
I would not be using it in a gaming environment most of the time, more for single thread applications like Solidworks.

What would the clock speed or IPC be and match in game mode with half the cores and die turned off specifically.?

The big advantage of threadripper is many threads. I think when overclocked, they might top out around 4
If you are running single thread applications, the 9th gen K processors will OC to 5.0 on all cores, and that is as good as it gets today.
Pick the number of threads you need.
6 for the i5-9600k, 8 for the i7-9700K and 16 for the i9-9900K

Solution

TRENDING THREADS