[SOLVED] Does adding the extra 4pin EPS12v cable for the cpu power make the VRMs hotter?

culzone

Honorable
Apr 27, 2016
I am currently using both the 8pin and 4pin EPS12V cable for the power to the CPU
And the VRMs heatsink is HOT to the touch, if i were to hold my finger for just 1 second, i would burn myself.
using z390 phantom gaming 6
i9 9900k
rmx750 corsair psu

Solution
I am currently using both the 8pin and 4pin EPS12V cable for the power to the CPU
And the VRMs heatsink is HOT to the touch, if i were to hold my finger for just 1 second, i would burn myself.
i9 9900k
rmx750 corsair psu
The extra power pins don't change the VRM temps. The VRM temps are dependent on the power used by the CPU. Having the extra power plug allows that draw to be higher. But if you don't change the clock or voltage of the CPU the power use will be unchanged with or without the additional power plug.

kanewolf

Titan
i9 9900k
rmx750 corsair psu
The extra power pins don't change the VRM temps. The VRM temps are dependent on the power used by the CPU. Having the extra power plug allows that draw to be higher. But if you don't change the clock or voltage of the CPU the power use will be unchanged with or without the additional power plug.

Solution