[SOLVED] Does AMD have shadowplay instant replay?

Jan 22, 2020
I am buying Sapphire Rx 5600 XT
Atm I have 1030 3gb MSI

I have shadowplay because NVidia... but now I am buying AMD GPU does it have instant replay?
I am doing montage videos as a hobby for fun*
I am scared of buying AMD because of it.

I need answers

Solution
Can't quite figure out what you are trying to say! You've said both cards 'can't' use instant replay, and this makes the RTX the winner. That just doesn't make sense.

So, reading a good, comprehensive review like this will help you: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx_5600_xt

Here are some of the takeaway points:

• Great 1080p ‘ultra’ performance, entry-level 1440p
  • Beats out the RTX 2060 in most titles
  • Uses less power than RTX 2060 too
With that said, this is with a vbios update for the 5600xt. So not all 5600xt will perform like that, unless the vbios is updated, and providing the manufacturer releases a new bios for the cards they sell.
Jan 22, 2020
Why aren't they fixing the recording software? My friend has AMD and he said the software was <Mod Edit> and sometimes does not work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 22, 2020
People say 5600 is better but it's not.
You cant use instant replay.
While RTX 2060 can
Which leads Rtx to win this fight.

More information
Instant replay I mean Shadowplay

In twitch, you can clip the moment but with shadowplay, you can use instant replay with that you can use instant replay which gives you the ability to clip the moment.

Last edited:
Can't quite figure out what you are trying to say! You've said both cards 'can't' use instant replay, and this makes the RTX the winner. That just doesn't make sense.

So, reading a good, comprehensive review like this will help you: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx_5600_xt

Here are some of the takeaway points:

• Great 1080p ‘ultra’ performance, entry-level 1440p
  • Beats out the RTX 2060 in most titles
  • Uses less power than RTX 2060 too
With that said, this is with a vbios update for the 5600xt. So not all 5600xt will perform like that, unless the vbios is updated, and providing the manufacturer releases a new bios for the cards they sell.

Solution
Actually they are pretty close to each other. In some titles the 5600 is better and in some other games the 2060 is better.

Definitely close, and not much separating them bar a few FPS for the most part, depending on the title. But, I think everyone agrees the 5600XT brings it to the RTX. For the reasons I mentioned above.

These comparisons are hard. In the one linked for example, you've the updated vbios 5600xt, versus reference RTX. At 1080p the 5600xt wins in 8 out of 11, and at 1440p it wins in 9 out of 11.

So you guys recommend me to buy RTX 2060 instead of RX 5600 XT?

I wouldn't necessarily. It depends totally on what YOU want.

If you buy a good XT, then it will perform slightly better than the RTX in terms of gaming performance (sans RTX features - RT etc) for the most part.

If you'd prefer continuity, then maybe the RTX will be more familiar for you. You won't be missing the 5600XT because it pushes just a few more FPS in some games. You have all the features you want with the RTX.

For me, I'd go for the slightly more FPS, and hook up a third party software for recording, as the other poster has suggested. Others may disagree. Depends on ones needs.

AMDynamic

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
I am buying Sapphire Rx 5600 XT
Atm I have 1030 3gb MSI

I have shadowplay because NVidia... but now I am buying AMD GPU does it have instant replay?
I am doing montage videos as a hobby for fun*
I am scared of buying AMD because of it.

I need answers

before i swapped my RX 480 for a 980ti i can confirm the Radeon Crimson app is a much better offering that the nvidia one its brilliant in fact no issues from me. love the phone app that you can also have running accessing your saved clips replays etc. i would read up about the Adrenaline drivers yourself. it has the same options