[SOLVED] Does anybody know what the GeForce GT 1030 SDDR4 2gb is like for 4K/60Hz movie playback?

Sep 16, 2019
Yes i realise this card gets slated over it's proper GT 1030 superior half brother (GDDR5).
But i only want the card for 4k/60 Hz (and maybe HDR if it supports it?) video playback, nothing more nothing less.
Has anybody used it solely for this purpose?
My set up is (don't laugh) :ptdr:
ASRock N68C-S UCC
AMD Athlon II x4 635 @2900 Mhz.
PHENOM II AM2+/AM3
WINPOWER ATX 450 PSU
8GB Of Crucial (4GB x2) DDR3 -1333 Mhz PC3 10600 UDIM

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance. 👍

Last edited:
Solution
LOL that's irrelevant (i just want to max out my HISENSE HE65K5510UWTS ) :langue:
The only issues with 4K/60 was on services like Netflix where you need a specific encoder which chips up to the 7700K and Ryzen on AMDs side didn’t have. All modern GPUs (including the 10 series) have that encoder now. And the resolution isn’t that hard to push its rendering that’s the issue with things like video production and gaming needed the extra horses.
LOL that's irrelevant (i just want to max out my HISENSE HE65K5510UWTS ) :langue:
The only issues with 4K/60 was on services like Netflix where you need a specific encoder which chips up to the 7700K and Ryzen on AMDs side didn’t have. All modern GPUs (including the 10 series) have that encoder now. And the resolution isn’t that hard to push its rendering that’s the issue with things like video production and gaming needed the extra horses.

Reactions: seedaripper1973
Solution
Sep 16, 2019
So i shouldn't have issues with the SDDDR4 2GB version then? i could fork out the extra for the GDDR5 version, but it seems pointless for what i need it for? is that the case? (i think the PCIe is only 2.0 x16) any idea if that's the case as well with the above specs?
P.s the TV has 4K netflix built in, so that's not a problem.

So i shouldn't have issues with the SDDDR4 2GB version then? i could fork out the extra for the GDDR5 version, but it seems pointless for what i need it for? is that the case? (i think the PCIe is only 2.0 x16) any idea if that's the case as well with the above specs?
P.s the TV has 4K netflix built in, so that's not a problem.
The only performance hit was gaming and video editing so you should be fine

Reactions: seedaripper1973