[SOLVED] Does anyone else get very low score on 3DMark's Port Royal ray-tracing test?

Sep 12, 2021
SezwYMv.png

Here is mine, and I ran it twice, same result...

Solution
Cannot say (full disclosure) for sure but if nothing else was changed then likely so.

You can also observe system performance using Task Manager and Resource Monitor. Just use only one or the other at a time.

Process Explorer (free from Microsoft) can prove helpful as well.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

= = = =

For the most part there are many variables and considerations with respect to performance measurements and so forth.

The more you can observe and measure then you will have a bigger picture of what all the system is doing.

But bear in mind that some measured parameters may not be all that significant or relevant.

Especially if you can see no difference in things such as...

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed.

A "low score"(or high score for that matter) is likely dependent on any number of things.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Why/what reasons are you running the benchmark?

Is there some specific problem with system performance/game play?

What games/apps?

Sep 12, 2021
More information needed.

A "low score"(or high score for that matter) is likely dependent on any number of things.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Why/what reasons are you running the benchmark?

Is there some specific problem with system performance/game play?

What games/apps?

Ok I just ran again and got much reasonable score, is it because I just freed up 4 gigs of vram from my Chrome lol?

Ralston18

Titan
Cannot say (full disclosure) for sure but if nothing else was changed then likely so.

You can also observe system performance using Task Manager and Resource Monitor. Just use only one or the other at a time.

Process Explorer (free from Microsoft) can prove helpful as well.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

= = = =

For the most part there are many variables and considerations with respect to performance measurements and so forth.

The more you can observe and measure then you will have a bigger picture of what all the system is doing.

But bear in mind that some measured parameters may not be all that significant or relevant.

Especially if you can see no difference in things such as game play....

Solution