Does Anyone Else Think Now Is A Better Time For Microsoft To Come Back To Mobile?

Pulagatha

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
Does anyone else think that Microsoft is in a much better position to come back to mobile now than they used to be? There's PWAs, THE WINDOWS 8 DEBACLE IS OVER, there would be some form of XBox integration, they would have some form of Office for mobile, and they have the Microsoft Store (that is a lot better than when it was first implemented) that people can buy devices from? It really feels like the ecosystem is missing this one piece.

They have around 700 million devices running Windows 10 as a desktop operating system and no one is going to take over that market. It's not going anywhere.

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
I had a Windows phone and love it, but I'm not a sheep either. All the sheep love their garbage iPhones that are the same regurgitated crap. They change so little over the years because they know people will buy them.

The average consumer only cares about how their duck face selfie looks when you blur the background, how many likes this camera can get me and whether or not they will be cool with the phone. If Apple can sell the same garbage for 50+$ a month and people still rush to buy them I would not want to compete against that. It only proves average consumer does not think logically and care only mostly phone being a status symbol. They don't care how it functions, just keep it easy so someone with a 90 IQ can use it.

Who is going to buy Windows phone? Their market is not the average superficial consumer. This rules out the majority of humans in the u.s..