Question Does anyone have any idea how to change the WiFi Channel on the new MSI Radix AXE6600 6G Router?

passionfly1

Honorable
Jun 1, 2017
There is no interface option to change WiFi channels for the 2G, 5G and 6G WiFi networks at all that I can find. I have no manual, PDF or any explanation of the router software. The software just interfaces with any secure browser and the software interface comes pre-installed on the router itself. You are accessing the software on the router itself via a browser URL basically.

There is no FAQ or anything for all the settings in the Router Admin software. The one thing I can not find nor exists is how to change the WiFi channel to alleviate interference in the area I live in. The router came with no install CD or manual at all. The MSI website has no download software to install anything for this router. There is no PDF explaining all these stupid settings that are mostly non-standard acronyms. Anyone know how to change channels on one of these new modern routers? I am very familiar with router GUI interfaces but despite the interface software is very modern and beautiful it is very very non-functional for many things, Like changing the WiFi channels! Oversight much!

This router software for the Radix AXE600 is just absurd! I vote BUYER BEWARE until they fix these SERIOUS oversights!

Last edited:

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
There is no interface option to change WiFi channels for the 2G, 5G and 6G WiFi networks at all that I can find. I have no manual, PDF or any explanation of the router software. The software just interfaces with any secure browser and the software interface comes pre-installed on the router itself. You are accessing the software on the router itself via a browser URL basically.

There is no FAQ or anything for all the settings in the Router Admin software. The one thing I can not find nor exists is how to change the WiFi channel to alleviate interference in the area I live in. The router came with no install CD or manual at all. The MSI website has no download software to install anything for this router. There is no PDF explaining all these stupid settings that are mostly non-standard acronyms. Anyone know how to change channels on one of these new modern routers? I am very familiar with router GUI interfaces but despite the interface software is very modern and beautiful it is very very non-functional for many things, Like changing the WiFi channels! Oversight much!

This router software for the Radix AXE600 is just absurd! I vote BUYER BEWARE until they fix these SERIOUS oversights!
All I could find…
https://us.msi.com/Networking/RadiX-AXE6600-WiFi-6E-Tri-Band-Gaming-Router/support#quickguide

passionfly1

Honorable
Jun 1, 2017
I have this quickguide but this is just the small fold out pamphlet that came with the router how to set it up. The voluminous settings in the Router interface is completely absent. You would think they had something like Linksys or Netwear ever TPLink provide that explains all their proprietary MSI settings that I have seen in other router manuals. There is none for these MSI routers. Shame.

passionfly1

Honorable
Jun 1, 2017
I don't know what to tell you because it looks like a standard dropdown menu to me, under Frequency (Channel)
Every modern router has an embedded webserver to administer settings (before that we had to Telnet in to a commandline interface). This one also allows you to use a phone app, plus requires a PC app to configure the multicolored lights.
OK, this is the closest I have seen to what the UI looks like I can duplicate. It is apparent that you MUST disable 'Smart Connect' to see the Frequency (Channel). Disabling that setting I was able to find it. THANK YOU!

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
I have this quickguide but this is just the small fold out pamphlet that came with the router how to set it up. The voluminous settings in the Router interface is completely absent. You would think they had something like Linksys or Netwear ever TPLink provide that explains all their proprietary MSI settings that I have seen in other router manuals. There is none for these MSI routers. Shame.
P’roly cuz they’re so new