Question Does anyone have drivers for a SCSI Cable Adapter Card ?

Apr 11, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I'm not too tech savvy so please bear with me. I am looking for the drivers for the SCSI Cable Adapter Card described below. Does anyone have these drivers, and if so, how much would you ask for them? If not, do you know who might have these drivers or where I might find them? I've asked the vendor, but he/she hasn't answered me.

Technical Specs: SCSI-2 cable adapter (SCSI 50pin) 7cm short cable LOGITEC LMO-S645F

Link to Photo of the cable adapter

Let me know if you need any more info. I am trying to connect a 90 MB Bernoulli Box from the 1990s to a vintage computer and use files on my 90 MB Iomega disk! Thanks so much for any help you can give me!!!

Sincerely,

Paul

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hi Everyone,

I'm not too tech savvy so please bear with me. I am looking for the drivers for the SCSI Cable Adapter Card described below. Does anyone have these drivers, and if so, how much would you ask for them? If not, do you know who might have these drivers or where I might find them? I've asked the vendor, but he/she hasn't answered me.

Technical Specs: SCSI-2 cable adapter (SCSI 50pin) 7cm short cable LOGITEC LMO-S645F

Thanks so much for any help you can give me!!!

Sincerely,

Paul
That card looks like it is for some specific device. Are you thinking you can use it in a normal PC?

Apr 11, 2023
That card looks like it is for some specific device. Are you thinking you can use it in a normal PC?
Or use it in another vintage computer, probably a laptop. Would I have to do a lot of re-arranging within one of these computers? Is there usually room or ports for this type of card in back of vintage computers?

tcsenter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Yeah that's a SCSI board from a MO or DVD drive, part numbers go back to Japanese company Logitec (not the same as Logitech). Looks like this is your best bet, in Japanese:

https://www.logitec.co.jp/products/zzz/99901/old/lmos645f.html

https://www.logitec.co.jp/down/soft/apuri.html

https://www.logitec.co.jp/products/uty/l_w.html

If you are running Windows XP/2000 with latest service pack, there could already be compatible SCSI drivers for it included in the in-box drivers but possibly will need to manually select the driver using the 'Add Hardware' wizard dialogue. Possibly Windows Vista 32-bit (not 64-bit) could have some too but no later. Good luck I haven't done anything with legacy devices that old in over 10 years.

BTW, there are working Bernoulli and MO drives selling on Ebay.

kanewolf

Titan
Or use it in another vintage computer, probably a laptop. Would I have to do a lot of re-arranging within one of these computers? Is there usually room or ports for this type of card in back of vintage computers?
I don't believe you could use that hardware to add SCSI to a computer if that is what you desire to do.
This could allow you to add SCSI to an old PC -- https://www.ebay.com/itm/285433733883
Notice the ports on the top of this card. They look consistent with the ribbon cable connector you show in your original post .

USAFRet

Titan
Hi Everyone,

Let me know if you need any more info. I am trying to connect a 90 MB Bernoulli Box from the 1990s to a vintage computer and use files on my 90 MB Iomega disk! Thanks so much for any help you can give me!!!

Sincerely,

Paul
Is this relating to the dbase files that may or may not exist on that drive?

Did you ever contact a company to possibly retrieve these one of a kind critical files?
Rather than trying to hack something together yourself.

Apr 11, 2023
Yeah that's a SCSI board from a MO or DVD drive, part numbers go back to Japanese company Logitec (not the same as Logitech). Looks like this is your best bet, in Japanese:

https://www.logitec.co.jp/products/zzz/99901/old/lmos645f.html

https://www.logitec.co.jp/down/soft/apuri.html

https://www.logitec.co.jp/products/uty/l_w.html

If you are running Windows XP/2000 with latest service pack, there could already be compatible SCSI drivers for it included in the in-box drivers but possibly will need to manually select the driver using the 'Add Hardware' wizard dialogue. Possibly Windows Vista 32-bit (not 64-bit) could have some too but no later. Good luck I haven't done anything with legacy devices that old in over 10 years.

BTW, there are working Bernoulli and MO drives selling on Ebay.
Thanks tcsenter - I'll give the links and your advice a try. Maybe come back for more advice if it's OK with you, thanks!!!

Reactions: tcsenter
Apr 11, 2023
Is this relating to the dbase files that may or may not exist on that drive?

Did you ever contact a company to possibly retrieve these one of a kind critical files?
Rather than trying to hack something together yourself.
Hi USAFRet: Yes! Step-by-step, little by little my team and I are making progress. The databases exist - one on 46, 3.5 inch diskettes, and another on a 90 MB Bernoulli disk.

The databases are so unique and valuable to us, we don't want to simply FedEx my 30-year-old dbases to a place, have them possibly exposed to high heat/moisture, if only for a day, then bumped around, and then entrust it to a tech who has no investment in or appreciation of what's in the dbase - despite his/her assurances and promises.

We have a tech with considerable experience in transferring old dBase files and data recovery. If there is something that he cannot transfer or recover, we shall seek a company, and drive it there instead of sending it.

The problem is my tech is in Guatemala with the Forensic Anthropology Foundation of Guatemala (FAFG) which has the funding. I'm helping him assemble the necessary hardware/software. He's coming to Chicago where I am, to do this work. However, before that, we plan a dry run in Guatemala, with actual disks and diskettes on which I have old expendable dbase files, after we assemble all the equipment for this simulation. See if it works.

You and others on Tom's Hardware helped us know what we need and how to get it, and we're still in that process. I know, it would be nice to simply send my disks/diskettes to a company to transfer the dbases on to a flash drive or external HD, but the FAFG was against that. Pros and Cons with everything.

We'll see as we go along the next several months. Thanks so much again!

Paul

Apr 11, 2023
I don't believe you could use that hardware to add SCSI to a computer if that is what you desire to do.
This could allow you to add SCSI to an old PC -- https://www.ebay.com/itm/285433733883
Notice the ports on the top of this card. They look consistent with the ribbon cable connector you show in your original post .
Thanks for the heads-up kanewolf!! I check with my tech advisor, you seem to be correct. If I have any more questions, I'll let you know! Thanks again!

thats adapter for this device
images

images

640MB zip drive

Apr 11, 2023
thats adapter for this device
images

images

640MB zip drive
Thank you kerberos_20, I am going to share with my team. What we want to do is to install that SCSI adapter in an older computer so we can use it with a Bernoulli Box 90 MB Transportable. We are acquiring the SCSI cables to connect them. What do you think about that? Or do you think that SCSI adapter isn't for that purpose?

tcsenter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
The SCSI adapter board you have linked is manufactured for a particular make and model of MO drive. It is not an industry standard add-in SCSI board or adapter. It likely works only in that manufacturer's MO drive. Whether it will work or not is anyone's trial and error to see for themselves.

I don't know why you are going about things in this way for such an 'important' project or purpose, unless shipping to your country is a problem. There are complete working Bernoulli MO drives selling on Ebay and elsewhere for not very much $$$.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Sincerely,

Paul
Incidentally, just looking at the photo, it looks like this really is just an adapter without active components. The chip I saw might be power or level converting. I suspect the card itself does not have a driver, and that the SCSI card it plugs in to is what has the driver. Do you have an old style PCI SCSI card this plugs in to?