[SOLVED] Does anyone have Win 10 installed on an PCIe NVMe M.2 in an Asrock Z490 Taichi?

NadeMagnet69

Prominent
Jul 20, 2020
Solution
Read here:

NadeMagnet69

Prominent
Jul 20, 2020
USAFRet
Thanks but I already read that the other day. I'm trying to make sure I can get to that point. I already have a physical copy of win 10 on a USB anyways.

punkncat
Thanks but all I can see in my manual is instructions on how to physically install it, which is done already. And this.
"The M.2, also known as the Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF), is a small size and versatile card edge connector that aims to replace mPCIe and mSATA. The Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_3) supports type 2230/2242/2260/2280/22110 M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s).* M2_3, SATA3_4 and SATA3_5 share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the others will be disabled. * Enter the BIOS Setup and go to Advanced\USB Configuration to disable "Third Party USB 3.2 Controller"; otherwise, M2_3 will support M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x2 (16 Gb/s) by default."
But that's talking about the speed. The M.2 in question is a gen3 x4 so I'll have to go to Advanced\USB Configuration. But my question is around this.
"Only one main UEFI option needs configuration to allow you to install Windows on a PCIe SSD. All this configuration does is cause Windows to use the EFI boot loader rather than the Legacy boot loader, which is necessary for a Windows installation on a PCIe SSD. This setting can be used with any SSD or HDD to enhance OS booting performance."
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1236&PN=1&title=how-to-install-windows-on-a-pcie-ssd
I don't see anything in the manual talking about anything like that.
https://download.asrock.com/Manual/Z490 Taichi.pdf

It might be a moot point since this is one of Asrock's latest MOBO, so that's why I wanted to hear from anyone with one.

Edit: Actually I won't have to go to USB Configuration because I installed it in the M2_1 slot.
"The Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_1) supports type 2280 M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s)."

Last edited: