Question Does anyone know any app that allows you to move task bar icons freely? (or more customization) [Win10]

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
I want icons to be left wherever I leave them and do not get auto arranged closely to each other e.g I want to leave a certain app open and won't touch it in task bar while working with 5 other apps, getting that one out the way by putting it on the right side of task bar would save me a lot of brain cells or if there was a way to change task bar icons spacing
I used to paint to draw what I need here just in case Imgur: The magic of the Internet thanks

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
Tried tablet mode? meant to space icons out more on taskbar
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...n-or-off-add3fbce-5cb5-bf76-0f9c-8d7b30041f30
different shells might do it, i don't think an app can change how windows handles the taskbar. Almost need a new desktop shell for that.
for some reason I am missing that option, I tried to right click and edit the menu to add more options but only VPN, Nighttime and Location options are available along with Connect and Project, Focus assist and other stuff but no tablet mode

durangod

Honorable
Aug 10, 2016
This is alittle outside the box but have you heard of Fences software? Although it does not manage the taskbar, it does manage the desktop icons in the event you have many of them of your desktop. The really nice part for me is that i can double click the desktop and the Fence blocks hide from view, then double click and they come back. That way you can have a sorted desktop but not have to look at it all the time.

Just an idea if it helps :)

have a look here:
stardock.com/products/fences/