[SOLVED] Does anyone know what mobo is used inside this laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
CPU-Z will tell you what it knows about the motherboard, and that is very little and not so useful.
Laptop motherboards are proprietary and designed for light weight.
If you are looking to upgrade ram or a drive, there will usually be a youtube video on how to disassemble and replace those parts. Google is your friend there.
CPU-Z will tell you what it knows about the motherboard, and that is very little and not so useful.
If you are looking to upgrade ram or a drive, there will usually be a youtube video on how to disassemble and replace those parts. Google is your friend there.

Solution

crazy_stuff

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 26, 2017
Aida 64 and cpu-z say its aorus 7kb.
I wonder if i looked for the same info in gigabyte 7g model would that be stated as "gigabyte 7g", even though its nearly an identical laptop?
Does every single laptop have its own unique mobo? or is it a model word/brand word that they somehow insert into the mobo "softwarely"?

The reason why i want to know is as was stated in the original topic - i want to get rid of that nasty illuminati <second mod edit> logo and name off my system, as i am not a <Mod Edit> <second mod edit> as the ceo of gigabyte. so i am just trying to figure out wheather or not i can totally customize/rebrand this laptop. obviously if i knew what the term aorus meant i wouldnt have purchased it in the first place.

But I now found out that all mainstream gaming laptop brands are illuminati in terms of symbolism and/or name. So I think the best way is to not buy gaming laptops but classic ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFRet

Titan
Aida 64 and cpu-z say its aorus 7kb.
I wonder if i looked for the same info in gigabyte 7g model would that be stated as "gigabyte 7g", even though its nearly an identical laptop?
Does every single laptop have its own unique mobo? or is it a model word/brand word that they somehow insert into the mobo "softwarely"?

The reason why i want to know is as was stated in the original topic - i want to get rid of that nasty illuminati whorus logo and name off my system, as i am not a <Mod Edit> egyptian deity worshipper as the ceo of gigabyte. so i am just trying to figure out wheather or not i can totally customize/rebrand this laptop. obviously if i knew what the term aorus meant i wouldnt have purchased it in the first place.

But I now found out that all mainstream gaming laptop brands are illuminati in terms of symbolism and/or name. So I think the best way is to not buy gaming laptops but classic ones.
All laptops...gaming or otherwise...have specific proprietary motherboards.
Unlike desktops, there is NO standardization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS