Question Does anyone know whats going on with PC after swapping out PSU?

Sep 12, 2024
View: https://imgur.com/a/9bMK68c

Long story short, power went out and ruined computers power supply unit. Some people here and reddit helped me diagnose it being the power supply unit. Swapped a corsair rx500 for a corsair rm750e and it fired right up when beforehand it would just beep 5 times.

When it first started it would run through picture 1 (first screen) and picture 2 (F1 boot screen). The esc prompt wouldn't do anything but the F1 boot would reload the first screen and proceed back to the F1 boot screen a few times then to a menu that let me start the PC in safe mode.

After I restarted from safe mode and everytime since it opens up the first screen and then the F1boot screen, then when I press F1 it goes to the home screen (not in safe mode) and runs like it used to before the PSU was destroyed from the power surge. And then picture 3 pops up from malawarebytes. Whether I press yes or no or x out of the pop up it goes away and nothing else happens. Sometimes an iTunes pop up does something similar.

How do I get my computer to turn on without the first 2 boot up screens like they used to? Is there something wrong here?

What can be done with the pop-up screens?

looks similar to corrupt OS partitions/boot settings.

I would just use the MS Media Creation Tool to start an up-to-date installation package, wipe the drive & all system partitions, and perform a fresh install.

if you don't have all important user data backed up;
this is a good lesson on the importance of keeping a regular backup schedule.