Question Does anyone own the X= XRGB27WQ V2 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz monitor?

All the professional reviews are very good for that display. And if by "bad reviews" you are referring to the ones on Amazon, then I hope you realize that the majority of "reviews" on Amazon aren't even remotely worth considering EXCEPT when you see something consistently bad that the vast majority of purchasers ALL agree on, and that is not the case with this product. Most Amazon reviewers give 5 stars if the thing just works or shows up on time and the box isn't damaged, while the majority of bad reviews are most often from individuals who struggle with tying their shoes or breathing much less doing anything of a technical nature. Sure, there are going to be some legitimate gripes and some percentage of failed products. That's true for ANY product, and maybe moreso for Amazon or Newegg purchases where we know damn well they send back out hardware that somebody has already bought, attempted to use and either didn't like or damaged, then sent back, repackaging it and sending it to YOU as though it never was.

But those numbers are small. Well within failure tolerances for any electronics. It's Amazon, if you get a bad one, send it back and get them to send you a replacement. It cost you literally nothing. As far as the company itself, AWD-IT seems to have good scores on Trustpilot and other sites, so I'm rather dubious about the few bad reviews on Amazon but as with any newer or small company, sometimes you simply have to accept that there's a tradeoff to be made in exchange for that really low price on a piece of hardware that from another company would cost you much more.

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
All the professional reviews are very good for that display. And if by "bad reviews" you are referring to the ones on Amazon, then I hope you realize that the majority of "reviews" on Amazon aren't even remotely worth considering EXCEPT when you see something consistently bad that the vast majority of purchasers ALL agree on, and that is not the case with this product. Most Amazon reviewers give 5 stars if the thing just works or shows up on time and the box isn't damaged, while the majority of bad reviews are most often from individuals who struggle with tying their shoes or breathing much less doing anything of a technical nature. Sure, there are going to be some legitimate gripes and some percentage of failed products. That's true for ANY product, and maybe moreso for Amazon or Newegg purchases where we know damn well they send back out hardware that somebody has already bought, attempted to use and either didn't like or damaged, then sent back, repackaging it and sending it to YOU as though it never was.

But those numbers are small. Well within failure tolerances for any electronics. It's Amazon, if you get a bad one, send it back and get them to send you a replacement. It cost you literally nothing. As far as the company itself, AWD-IT seems to have good scores on Trustpilot and other sites, so I'm rather dubious about the few bad reviews on Amazon but as with any newer or small company, sometimes you simply have to accept that there's a tradeoff to be made in exchange for that really low price on a piece of hardware that from another company would cost you much more.

Great answer thank you!
The bit about tying their shoes cracked me up I have to admit.
I did have a similar experience with Laptops Direct and the current Electriq QHD 95hz IPS monitor I own that I had to send back 2 times.
https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/ele...sync-hdr-monitor-eiq-27mq95fshdru/version.asp

The first model because it was making a coil whine noise video here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q7I8Iw1cvk

The second one had so much light bleed it was ridiculous.
Third time lucky it was great.

My only concern is how am I covered if this produces dead/stuck pixels after a year as it only has a year's warranty.. I can't cope with dead/stuck pixels..

Every display manufacturer has their own pixel policy. AWD-IT does not seem to have display warranty or pixel policy information listed on their website. It would, in my opinion, be prudent before purchasing one of their products to contact them directly and ask them specifically what is the warranty on that monitor and SPECIFICALLY what is their pixel policy. Some manufacturers have a zero dead pixel policy and others have policies that require there be more than a certain number of dead pixels before they will warranty a display.

Make them tell you, so that you have it in writing. And unfortunately I'm afraid that a lot of displays only have a one year warranty and after that if you have dead pixels that's just the way the ball bounces. LG, who is not some fly by night or lesser known company, for example, also only has a one year warranty on their monitors and they have some of the best monitors on the market and are well respected. All of my panels are LG for that matter. They also require that there be more than 7 dead pixels.

AOC has a three year warranty on all it's monitors (At least, those sold in the US and Canada anyhow) and also requires there to be at least 3 stuck on or 5 stuck off pixels to be eligible for replacement.

ASUS has a one year to three year warranty depending on the model, but they too have a 3-5 pixel policy just like AOC.

HP and Philips both used to have a zero dead pixel policy IIRC, but both of them now also have either 5 or "we will replace it if there is an unacceptable number of ......" blah, blah, blah, which basically means they get to decide if they want to replace it or not.

I'm sure there has to be somebody out there who still has a zero dead pixel policy, but I don't know why they are and I'm not seeing any, so...............................You may HAVE to cope with it if you get less than however many that company targets. And, I've also seen a number of companies that only allow for a zero dead pixel policy for a set amount of time, like three months, but not for the full warranty period, so there's that as well. I imagine a smaller company like AWD-IT that is already providing a panel that costs much more elsewhere from a different brand, is definitely not going to be able to simply eat a bunch of monitors with one or two dead pixels so ask them and see what they say but I wouldn't expect to get the answer you are wanting.

On the other hand, none of the five LG monitors I have here at my house, nor the other three that I recommended for some of my clients, have ever had ANY dead pixels or any problems of any kind. At all. That's not to say it doesn't happen, but I haven't seen it myself.

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
Every display manufacturer has their own pixel policy. AWD-IT does not seem to have display warranty or pixel policy information listed on their website. It would, in my opinion, be prudent before purchasing one of their products to contact them directly and ask them specifically what is the warranty on that monitor and SPECIFICALLY what is their pixel policy. Some manufacturers have a zero dead pixel policy and others have policies that require there be more than a certain number of dead pixels before they will warranty a display.

Make them tell you, so that you have it in writing. And unfortunately I'm afraid that a lot of displays only have a one year warranty and after that if you have dead pixels that's just the way the ball bounces. LG, who is not some fly by night or lesser known company, for example, also only has a one year warranty on their monitors and they have some of the best monitors on the market and are well respected. All of my panels are LG for that matter. They also require that there be more than 7 dead pixels.

AOC has a three year warranty on all it's monitors (At least, those sold in the US and Canada anyhow) and also requires there to be at least 3 stuck on or 5 stuck off pixels to be eligible for replacement.

ASUS has a one year to three year warranty depending on the model, but they too have a 3-5 pixel policy just like AOC.

HP and Philips both used to have a zero dead pixel policy IIRC, but both of them now also have either 5 or "we will replace it if there is an unacceptable number of ......" blah, blah, blah, which basically means they get to decide if they want to replace it or not.

I'm sure there has to be somebody out there who still has a zero dead pixel policy, but I don't know why they are and I'm not seeing any, so...............................You may HAVE to cope with it if you get less than however many that company targets. And, I've also seen a number of companies that only allow for a zero dead pixel policy for a set amount of time, like three months, but not for the full warranty period, so there's that as well. I imagine a smaller company like AWD-IT that is already providing a panel that costs much more elsewhere from a different brand, is definitely not going to be able to simply eat a bunch of monitors with one or two dead pixels so ask them and see what they say but I wouldn't expect to get the answer you are wanting.

On the other hand, none of the five LG monitors I have here at my house, nor the other three that I recommended for some of my clients, have ever had ANY dead pixels or any problems of any kind. At all. That's not to say it doesn't happen, but I haven't seen it myself.

Great answer thank you. I bought LG for my TV because they're one of the top panel manufacturers and like you say they're very reliable.
I didn't know that this is the case now with stuck pixels but good to know.
I may start looking into LG models as well and give up on the 'cheaper' end.

Reactions: Darkbreeze