Question Does cpu effect on Furmark 1080p benchmark

May 8, 2024
recently i run furmark 1080p benchmark with 1650 super and getting 3100 score its kinda low as compared to others 1650 supers score,
im using a bad cpu (i3 9th gen) and its bottelneaks, is my cpu is the reason for the low score?
psu - cooler mater 450 watt bronze (3 month old)
gpu - gigabyte 1650 super 4 gb
SSD - 120 gb wd sata (70% used including os) = 1 tb wd HDD (50% used)

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Windows OS? Version, edition?

How is the system being used: gaming most likely - correct?

The SSD is likely too small even if only 70% filled.

How much RAM - configuration? E.g. 1x16GB versus 2 x 8 GB.....

Games (?) on the HDD - correct?

PSU may not be enough to meet sudden spikes in power demands.

What specific performance problems (if any) are occurring?

The next step is to take a look at your system's performance using some other tools.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both tools but only one tool at a time. Run as admin. Note that you can sort the presented data by clicking column headers.

First watch performance while not gaming or using apps and then while gaming and using apps.

The objective being to "see things" more directly as your system sees them. Versus a 3rd party tool.

Pay attention, for example, to what is using CPU resources and how much of any given resource is being used.

The CPU may or may not be the sole reason for some performance problem. RAM and/or virtual memory could be involved. Especially if the SSD's space is becoming limited. 70% - 80% full is about as much as you would want to have filled.

Do not rely on just one bench mark. Key is to learn about and understand what your system is capable of and actually doing with respect to performance.