• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question Does CPU make any difference in web browsing?

Wolfshadw

Titan
No. Unless you're running a very bottom of the line processor (like an old atom), it shouldn't make a difference for just normal web browsing. Biggest factors there are going to be internet connection speeds (poor wifi connections) and low RAM amounts (takes a lot of memory to load images, videos, etc...).

-Wolf sends

Reactions: leon226

leon226

Reputable
May 23, 2015
I have i5 8400 and Chrome uses 20% of my cpu, sometimes total cpu usage spikes to 50%, I want to buy a long battery life laptop but scared of cpu making my multiple tabs chrome slow or freeze my laptop, like I had with cheap laptop before.

hftvhftv

Honorable
Herald
May 26, 2014
I have i5 8400 and Chrome uses 20% of my cpu, sometimes total cpu usage spikes to 50%, I want to buy a long battery life laptop but scared of cpu making my multiple tabs chrome slow or freeze my laptop, like I had with cheap laptop before.
What laptop are you considering buying? You can get enterprise-grade laptops that have very high capacity batteries with high performance hardware, or ultra low power laptops that won't drain a battery very fast.

single thread speed does. anything at or above 2k passmark would be good. using a SSD makes a lot of things snappy. 8GB ram minimum.

pihole can help quite a bit by blocking a lot of stuff and also using the cloudflare DNS.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS