Does Displayport Support HDCP 2.2?

Tilien

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
Hey, i got LG 27UD58-B monitor. (http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-27UD58-B)
And im streaming netflix @ 4k

When i use HDMI cable i get HDCP 2.2 and i can stream 4k
When i change to DP i only get 1080p stream

I'm using windows 10/ latest drivers/ GTX1080TI GPU

The problem is i get 30Hz with HDMi and 60Hz with DP..

1. Can a monitor support HDCP 2.2 with HDMI output and not support it with the DP output?

2. Why am i getting 30hz? the mouse is SO unresponsive when im using the HDMI ( i'm using the provided cable + i ordered hdmi "2" cable just in case) - so im forced to use DP

Any help will be amazing. Thanks!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
30Hz HDMI sounds like something in the chain is "only" HDMI 1.4, but both the GPU and the monitor are HDMI2.0...... I didn't think the cable mattered much, but maybe it does.

As for 4K Netflix, I assume you're using the Edge browser?
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13444

DisplayPort supports HDCP2.2 are per v1.3, so should definitely be present on your 1080TI.

1. I guess technically it could, it's unlikely though.

2. Something in the chain is HDMI 1.4. It's not the monitor, and it's not the GPU..... so it may well be the cable.

Tilien

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

Ye i am using the APP and i get 2160P with the HDMI cable, problem is its 30hz and its unresponsive.
So i have to switch manually each time between cables, its not ideal. i hope the cable gets here ASAP so i can confirm its cable related issue.

Is there any setting i might've missed? Nvidia control panel doesnt allow anything beyond 30hz.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If nVidia control panel is detective 30Hz as your cap over HDMI, then something is still HDMI 1.4

The only aspect that would make some sense would be the cable.......but I didn't think they mattered.

As for the app, could you try the Edge browser too, just to identify if the problem is the app or the hardware (not the 30Hz aspect, but the slow/sluggish response).

Also, do you have the Windows 10 Creators Update? If not, you're likely lacking some of the new API calls to PlayReady (needed for 4K nNetflix playback)

Tilien

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

Yes, i got the update. everything is working fine with the HDMI besides the 30hz.
And everything is working fine with the DP beside the DHCP 2.2

Ill report once the cable arrive,meanwhile if anyone got any idea ill be happy to hear it ;s

Tilien

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

monitor homepage says HDMi 2 and DP is 1.2 so i guess thats why my DP doesnt support HDCP 2.2..

Still doesnt explain why HDMI 2 only deliver 30hz.