Question Does G-sync work with a Samsung C27F390FHU monitor?

JohnnyGui

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2012
I have an nVidia GTX 1070 GPU and I'm planning to buy a Samsung C27F390FHU monitor which has FreeSync.

I understood that nVidia's G-sync feature works on a limited number of FreeSync monitors.

My question is whether G-sync would work with the Samsung C27F390FHU monitor without any issues.

Anyone who has any info/experience on this?

Riuzaki

Commendable
Aug 23, 2020
Nope!
This monitor only supports AMD FreeSync. AMD sync and Nvidia Sync both are different and the monitors manufacturers manufacture different monitors for different sync system.

Nope!
This monitor only supports AMD FreeSync. AMD sync and Nvidia Sync both are different and the monitors manufacturers manufacture different monitors for different sync system.
It’s not that simple anymore. NVidia G-Sync can/should work on Freesync monitors since a driver update a while back. However some Freesync monitors have issues while others work perfectly, there are even G-Sync certified Freesync monitors that are tested and approved by NVidia. If it’s not G-Sync certified it may work but you need to find a review where they have tried it and confirm it works without issues.

Reactions: Peterson123

JohnnyGui

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2012
It’s not that simple anymore. NVidia G-Sync can/should work on Freesync monitors since a driver update a while back. However some Freesync monitors have issues while others work perfectly, there are even G-Sync certified Freesync monitors that are tested and approved by NVidia. If it’s not G-Sync certified it may work but you need to find a review where they have tried it and confirm it works without issues.

The problem is I can't find any review that tests G-sync compatibility on this monitor specifically. Hence me wondering if anyone here has any experience with this monitor.

JohnnyGui

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2012
I was supporting your original question and hopefully someone with firsthand experience can answer you. I just wanted to point out that the first reply you received was out of date.

Yes I understand, thanks. I was replying to your part about needing to find a review that discusses this which I can't find.