[SOLVED] Does google stadia take advantage of our social awkwardness & would it work in China?

sxk1277

Great
Mar 19, 2020
So the difference I see between google stadia and a gaming console is that 2 people can share the same server the game is being operated on but ordinarily, 2 people don't share a gaming console from different household. The reason I say this is if I'm playing a game on google stadia, another user probably isn't using the same server to run his game, it will be too much load for the machine. So he uses the same machine when I'm not using it.

This means that if I didn't mind sharing a gaming build, me and my neighbor could possibly divide hours on the same game station and it would do the same job google stadia is doing - split the cost when buying it.

Something else I was considering is if google stadia was applied in a country like China - if communist government just decided to invest its massive funds into it - to implement a 1 time cost to deliver insanely fast internet to everyone to be able to stream gaming. It would make the dream of everyone playing with a 2 grand computer come true. No more updating computer parts...just buy a basic build and do all your work using Stadia (even beyond gaming) Only updates you would have to worry about is monitor and mouse. (Keyboard haven't really been evolving much)

Solution
Answering the thread title
1)No, because its current offerings are weak.
With how eSports gamers are constantly on the quest for lower input lag, Stadia is definitely a pass from them.
For people with even a moderate investment(1000USD) in their PC, Stadia is a hard pill to swallow.
It's a more attractive option for prebuilt owners and people who can't afford to shell out some 700+USD for a decent DIY PC.[Assuming decent being a Ryzen 3600 + RTX 2060 kind of build.]

2)It could... but with how that government seems to want to know everything about everyone, they will have loaded spyware on their retail units.
You have to understand that when you play a stadia game all the work is done on the other side giving you a really bad response time in your inputs.

Anyone with a 2000 dollar PC would never use Google Stadia for their gaming. It's like saying using Wifi instead of being connected directly with a ethernet cable is better.

Google Stadia is nowhere near the dream of gamers.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3dNoCRzbAs

sxk1277

Great
Mar 19, 2020
When you play a game, there is already lag from the server distance. This would just add another lag. However, if google stadia had stations in major cities (kinda like electric cars are starting to become practical by expansion of charging stations), you would be awfully close to it and with high speed enough internet...for instance, 5g is projected to be 100x faster than 4g - we would be able to stream 8k videos without buffering and this :)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Answering the thread title
1)No, because its current offerings are weak.
With how eSports gamers are constantly on the quest for lower input lag, Stadia is definitely a pass from them.
For people with even a moderate investment(1000USD) in their PC, Stadia is a hard pill to swallow.
It's a more attractive option for prebuilt owners and people who can't afford to shell out some 700+USD for a decent DIY PC.[Assuming decent being a Ryzen 3600 + RTX 2060 kind of build.]

2)It could... but with how that government seems to want to know everything about everyone, they will have loaded spyware on their retail units.

Solution