Question Does GPU dp to hdmi to dvi monitor works?

Feb 23, 2023
I got a sapphire pulse rx570 which only has displayport working but my monitor has only dvi-i port .so i buy dp to hdmi convert then use hdmi to dvi will it work.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What monitor is it? Im guessing 1080p 60Hz? If it is that then just a passive Displayport to Dvi would work. Make sure the adapter has : - : 4 female pins if that's what your Dvi cable has. Think all adapters have them but make sure anyway.

More info here, put in fields DP to Dvi.

Feb 23, 2023
What monitor is it? Im guessing 1080p 60Hz? If it is that then just a passive Displayport to Dvi would work. Make sure the adapter has : - : 4 female pins if that's what your Dvi cable has. Think all adapters have them but make sure anyway.

More info here, put in fields DP to Dvi.
Its 720p 60hz

Feb 23, 2023
Well there's no conversion necessary between Hdmi to Dvi, just a Hdmi to Dvi cable will work. So, up to you. DP to Dvi adapter or DP to Hdmi adapter using Hdmi to Dvi cable to complete the connection.
It difficult to get dp to dvi in my place so i am going through long way

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
it could work, and it could also not work.

I was using converters before, and it worked for two GPU. But on the third one I received artifacts, so to solve things, I simply purchased a monitor with hdmi port.

Feb 23, 2023
it could work, and it could also not work.

I was using converters before, and it worked for two GPU. But on the third one I received artifacts, so to solve things, I simply purchased a monitor with hdmi port.
Now I can't get dvi cable also i am using pc through igpu .so i can use rx570 through igpu and play game i don't mind some performance drop as long as GPU work.