does intel hd graphics 530 support 144hz Monitor?

GauthamReddy

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
Hi, I purchased Gigabyte Z170x-Gaming 7, Intel i7 6700k Processor, and it is having
"intel hd 530 graphics" Card

does intel hd graphics 530 support 144hz Monitor? or do i have to buy another graphic Card? if i have to then which one is the best?

Thank You.

You have a TV, that won't actually do 144Hz. TVs advertise high refresh rates but can't actually produce them, they use frame interpolation to emulate a higher refresh rate, and that interpolated framerate gets thrown on all the advertising. If you actually have a 144Hz monitor, make sure you select that in your graphics control panel and try to select 144Hz as your refresh rate. Make sure the monitor is connected with Dual Link DVI or Display Port, HDMI won't work at 144Hz unless your display supports HDMI 2.0 output.

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
Depends on your budget. Are you located in India?

Something like this: http://www.amazon.in/Gigabyte-Radeon-RX480-GCN-Architecture/dp/B01HMG15S0/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1469453152&sr=1-2&keywords=rx480

Or if you need something cheaper this: http://www.amazon.in/ASUS-GeForce-GTX950-2GB-DDR5-PCI-E/dp/B01DDA6VRE/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1469453413&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx950

If you plan to get a 144hz monitor, you must get the RX480 or better or you will not be able to utilize the capabilities of the monitor.

GauthamReddy

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
Yes i am from India.

Thanks a lot Jester Maroc and Jester Maroc.

bye the way do you all recon Gigabyte Radeon is better than Nvidia or Asus?

regards.

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
Gigabyte and ASUS are both top board partners for Nvidia and AMD. So basically they sell AMD/Nvidia graphics cards with slight changes or improvements, like better coolers, etc.

I think what you mean is which is better, AMD or Nvidia? Well, there is no definitive answer at this price range, as they are very similar. However, at the top end Nvidia has a significant advantage at the moment with their GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 offering performance that AMD cannot counter.

GauthamReddy

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
Make sure the monitor is connected with Dual Link DVI or Display Port, HDMI won't work at 144Hz unless your display supports HDMI 2.0 output.
==

Supernova said the above.

In India its hard to find a monitor that supports "144 Hz" basically all the Amazon or other ecom sites in India they Misled customers and don't give full information compared to Amazon.com :)

should i look for a monitor that supports HDMI 2.0 or a monitor that has Dual Link DVI port?

thanks for the insights "Jester Maroc".

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
Why are you looking for a 144hz monitor? What games do you play?

The answer to these questions will determine what GPU you need. Playing at 144hz requires a lot of GPU power, esp if you plan to go 1440p and above.

This monitor will work: http://www.amazon.in/AOC-G2460PQU-Monitor-DVI-Dual-DisplayPort/dp/B00HY7PAUC/ref=sr_1_5?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1469464576&sr=1-5&keywords=144hz But it is only 1080p, even the RX480 will struggle to play the latest titles at 144fps at max settings with this monitor.

Try to look for monitors with Display Ports as that is the future.

GauthamReddy

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
I am planning for 3dx max and in future i am planning for some good Sniper games, i don't like any other games other than guns related,

and also Watch lot of high quality movies... like Tron, Starwars....

in future i will also upgrade to a 500$ 600$ graphic card.

at the moment i have found these two monitors:

http://www.amazon.in/LG-24GM77-Inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B013GHG1P6/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1469463542&sr=1-2&keywords=144hz+monitor

http://www.flipkart.com/benq-xl2411z-24-inch-led-backlit-lcd-monitor-gaming/p/itmdzh7hgyhyss8z

i dont know why the above second link is not opening properly

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
For 3d Max, depending on the suite, a Quadro or Firepro card would be best and sometimes even required. So if this is for a workstation environment and you will use it primarily for production then definitely try to get a workstation GPU instead. It can still game, though it will not get the FPS of a gaming card.

For movies there is no advantage to 144hz, a cheaper/larger IPS monitor would be better for both applications.

For gaming you will need a better GPU to be able to utilize 144hz. My suggestion would be to get a IPS monitor at 60hz and then upgrade to a better 1440p/4k monitor later.

GauthamReddy

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
That is what i also have realized Jester Maroc,

just now i have taken "Dell 22inches s2216h" considering my budget, in future i am going take a good graphic card and Good 144hz monitor.

Once again Thanks a lot Jester and Supernova.

regards
see you around.

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
Anytime, I would still get a low end (or used) GPU if you have the money to give you better performance till you get the big upgrade. The performance from the intel 530 is very poor, and will place added stress on the CPU with higher temps.

GauthamReddy

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
Hi Jester, is there a company that sells "32gb" single Ram module? and also i am finding it difficult for a 16gb single module with 3666mhz

regards.

GauthamReddy

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016

HaHa, Jester earlier i had the tedious experience of failure rams checking one by one, so thought that instead of installing many ram modules why not a single module... :)

and as far as 2133 is concerned i must agree with you cause many said the same....

by the way i am looking for a ddr4 ram

thanks.

GauthamReddy

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
Jester

i am planning to buy "Samsung 950 PRO Series - 256GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD" after installing should i install and 1 boot normally or should i make it "Raid" drive and install Os?

thanks

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
Hi Gautham,

I am not a raid expert at all. However, it would obviously be faster to go the raid route.

Why don't you create a new thread and list your hardware with a brief description of what you plan to do and what your needs are? I am sure some storage guru will be on the case very quickly!

A lot of what you describe points towards a lot of speed...do you really need all of it? Are you working in 3dMax for work, or pleasure? If it is the first then I would agree, get the best and fastest you can afford. However, if it is only for pleasure (hobby, etc), maybe a single M.2 drive will suffice?

GauthamReddy

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
Thank you jester,

i have not installed 3ds max yet, but installed Autocad, but i am going to install 3ds max, since from a long time i had this wish to build a fastest cpu but of course considering my budget, i can say both Hobby and for Professional USE, i have already created another thread they said "raid is for more drives" i can go with "AHCI"...

regards.