Question Does Intel Optane 32GB PCIe M.2 Memory Module supports hp z820 ?

May 14, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Does Intel Optane 32GB PCIe M.2 Memory Module supports HP z820 Workstation ?

I need to purchase as i heard about it and found good reviews about it.

But i need to be 100% sure that will it work with my Hp workstation.

Waiting for your valuable suggestion ?

Thanks.

The HP Z820 motherboard does not have a M.2 slot to house an Intel Optane M.2 Module.
You could use an Intel Optane PCIe 3.0 module on a PCI-express slot on your HP Z820.
It will help to know which app you want to accelerate, since it might not work as you might expect on some applications and similar price SSDs could outperform it.

May 14, 2016
The HP Z820 motherboard does not have a M.2 slot to house an Intel Optane M.2 Module.
You could use an Intel Optane PCIe 3.0 module on a PCI-express slot on your HP Z820.
It will help to know which app you want to accelerate, since it might not work as you might expect on some applications and similar price SSDs could outperform it.

Thanks for quick response.

So will i supposed to buy below m.2 adapter with Intel Optane ?

https://www.amazon.in/Global-Mantra...33723&sr=8-121&keywords=m.2+pcie+nvme+adapter

let me know please.

Thanks.

May 14, 2016
That M.2 NVMe SSD to PCI-e will allows you to install the Intel Optane 32GB PCIe M.2 Memory Module on the HP Z820, but I don't think it will speed up apps as intended.

Good to see your reply.

I am using 2 Samsung ssd 250gb as raid 1 for OS with 32GB 1800mhz. So according to you won't it impact the speed up process like daily work, game, photoshop work etc.

Let me know your suggestion please.

Thanks.

Those benchmarks results you might have seen, with new hardware, won't automatically translate into performance with your setup.
Those results should be interpret accordingly.

It will be helpful to know what exactly are you trying to accomplish, since the success of getting this product to work as intended, really depends on the hardware and application.

Is your CPU waiting to be fed data?
Is your RAM not enough?
Is your storage configuration to slow for your system?

May 14, 2016
Those benchmarks results you might have seen, with new hardware, won't automatically translate into performance with your setup.
Those results should be interpret accordingly.

It will be helpful to know what exactly are you trying to accomplish, since the success of getting this product to work as intended, really depends on the hardware and application.

Is your RAM not enough?

Hi,

I appreciate deeply about your suggestions.

Yeah, absolutely so many multi-tasking work I am working with. So i need it most.

Is your RAM not enough?

As i said earlier, I have 32GB 1866 mhz RAM, so i think it is not enough.

After so many Windows 10 pro updation I feel that yes and it is too slow.

Any point you want to make, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

You could benefit for larger storage capacity and more RAM.
That will improve system performance.

An Intel Optane 900P PCI-Express might be able to speed up your system but it is very, very, very expensive.

I usually keep an image of the system (OS and main apps) and when it gets slow, I would start from that image again.
That usually clean OS clutter and helps speed up the computer.

Reactions: bhabanisankardas007
May 14, 2016

An Intel Optane 900P PCI-Express might be able to speed up your system but it is very, very, very expensive.

I usually keep an image of the system (OS and main apps) and when it gets slow, I would start from that image again.

Hi,

Thanks for huge clarification.

I deeply appreciate it.

Let me go with 32gb optane one. See how it works. Yeah there is an option about your suggestion.

I will go infuture.

Anyway thanks again....

May 14, 2016

Hey mate,

I purchased intel optane 32gb and a pci m.2 ssd adapter. It is showing correct memory.

while try to install intel optane software in Windows 10 Pro 64bit It giving me error message.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Could you post a shot of the error message.
Only the system/boot drive can be accelerated.
SATA controller mode must be set to “Intel RST…” in the BIOS and remapping should be enabled for the PCIe slot, so Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) allows you to manage the storage devices.
By the way, RAID acceleration is not supported.