[SOLVED] Does it hurt to defrag my games

Solution
1. defrag is of value only on Hard drives.
It gathers up possibly separate parts of a file so they can be read with minimal mechanical motion.
On a ssd, there is no mechanical motion.

2. Depending on the defrag utility., you should be able to first do a scan to assess the possible value of a defrag.
Once you have defragged, it is unlikely that there is any benefit to doing it again.
And, if you have lots of free space, files on the HDD are going to be placed well in the first place.

Lutfij

Titan
Are the games on a mechanical drive or an SSD? If an SSD, it's as good as dead right now. If it's an HDD, it'll die in a few months. The moment you start defragmanting, that's when everything goes downhill from there. You're advised to not defragment anything. Just keep a tidy habit with your files and a healthy habit when t comes to browsing the web.

1. defrag is of value only on Hard drives.
It gathers up possibly separate parts of a file so they can be read with minimal mechanical motion.
On a ssd, there is no mechanical motion.

2. Depending on the defrag utility., you should be able to first do a scan to assess the possible value of a defrag.
Once you have defragged, it is unlikely that there is any benefit to doing it again.
And, if you have lots of free space, files on the HDD are going to be placed well in the first place.

Solution

thedeadlylordgaming

Proper
BANNED
Sep 25, 2018
hey i was wondering if turning my pc on and off mulitple times a day will damage it. My mom and dad dosent live together and i go back and forth a lot and i dont know when i do go there or there so its hard to know when i should turn it off and not.