[SOLVED] Does it matter how many hdmi and dp's you need on a gpu?

Apr 7, 2021
I'm thinking to buy the "Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB Dual Mini OC", it has 1 hdmi, 1 dp, dvi-d and dual link dvi.
MotherBoard =MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk

CPU = Ryzen 7 3700x

Air-Cooler = Be Quiet drp4

PSU = Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 550W 80+ Gold

RAM = G.Skill Trident Z 16GB

Case = NZXT H510i

Monitor = LG 27GN600-B Gaming Monitor 27 (IPS 144hz)

Solution
I'm thinking to buy the "Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB Dual Mini OC", it has 1 hdmi, 1 dp, dvi-d and dual link dvi.
Dvi-d and dual link dvi - is the same thing (not two separate ports).

lsay1y0kyliwj8sz_setting_xxx_0_90_end_800.png

Colif

Win 11 Master
as far as I know, it doesn't matter

your monitor has both HDMI and DP, and GPU has the same, so you can use either.
strange to see DVI still on new cards. My Asus Dual Geforce RTX 2070 Super Evo OC has one hdmi & 3 DP connectors. No DVI.

Reactions: FrostGh
MotherBoard =MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk

CPU = Ryzen 7 3700x

Air-Cooler = Be Quiet drp4

PSU = Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 550W 80+ Gold

RAM = G.Skill Trident Z 16GB

Case = NZXT H510i

Monitor = LG 27GN600-B Gaming Monitor 27 (IPS 144hz)
As long as you have the ports on the gpu to connect the monitor/s you have I would think that's all you need.

jasonf2

Distinguished
The answer to your question depends on what monitors you are wanting to run at what refresh rate. If you are just looking to run 1080 at 60 hz without any special proprietary interface tech it isn't going to make any difference. On the other hand the dvi port (which looks to be dual link) is going to max out at 2560 × 1600 (60hz) if memory serves. The HDMI interface 2.b will max at 60hz 4k. The Displayport (1.4) interface can can carry 4k at 120hz (or 5k at 60hz) and will be the native point for your gsync. Because the outputs are older standards be aware of the monitor(s) you would be looking to attach. You will not be able to get a high refresh 4k monitor to run at the higher frequency unless the monitor has a DisplayPort. As hdmi 2.1 has become more popular (due to console support) many of the newer high refresh displays are only offering hdmi inputs. While that card's hdmi will run on those displays, its refresh will cap out below advertised spec unless there is also a displayport input on the monitor.

With that card regardless I would make sure to be running gsync on displayport if trying to run 4k because it really doesn't have enough horsepower to reliably brute force 4k and the gsync will make for a better experience overall.