[SOLVED] Does MSI Afterburner or any other overclocking software work with Integrated GPUs?

W4Rr10R

Commendable
Apr 9, 2020
I have an HP Compaq Elite 8300 Convertiible Minitower that I'm upgrading. It had one stick of DDR3 4GB DIMM @ 1600Mhz. I got RAM from my VAIO E Series laptop (2pcs. of DDR3 2GB SO-DIMM @ 1333Mhz). I ordered 2pcs. of DDR3 SODIMM to DIMM adapters. I tried to use it but I can't run in Triple Channel Mode so I ordered a stick of 4GB DIMM @ 1600Mhz, and I thought it would just automatically underclock for the system to run. Now it runs at 1333Mhz and I found out that overclocking was a thing. Unfortunately HP doesn't have any RAM settings in the BIOS, not even XMP Profiles. I tried MSI Afterburner but nothing works. It's just blank. I can't do anything besides fiddle with the settings, but all I really want to do is overclock my RAM a bit. But I cant press any buttons. Does anyone hav any suggestions for overclocking software? I've tried Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility but found out that I can only use it for my CPU. I've also seen EVGA's Precision X16, but I think it's not for Integrated GPUs.

Solution
It's Intel, and it's not Lga1366, so triple channel doesn't apply, with your mobo there's 3 options. Single, dual and flex channel. Single is obvious, as is dual. Flex is where there's 3 sticks, 2 run dual channel and the third runs single channel and only gets used if it must.

Ram always runs at the lowest speeds available, so with a stick of 1333MHz present, all sticks will run at that, and with Intels there's not all that much difference between 1333 and 1600. Seriously doubtful you'll get better without resorting to all sticks at 1600MHz default. Not all ram will OC or xmp, especially the uber cheap ram that 3rd party OEMs like HP use.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's Intel, and it's not Lga1366, so triple channel doesn't apply, with your mobo there's 3 options. Single, dual and flex channel. Single is obvious, as is dual. Flex is where there's 3 sticks, 2 run dual channel and the third runs single channel and only gets used if it must.

Ram always runs at the lowest speeds available, so with a stick of 1333MHz present, all sticks will run at that, and with Intels there's not all that much difference between 1333 and 1600. Seriously doubtful you'll get better without resorting to all sticks at 1600MHz default. Not all ram will OC or xmp, especially the uber cheap ram that 3rd party OEMs like HP use.

Solution