[SOLVED] does my 1050ti gpu just have bad bearings or something?

Andrew 3584

Honorable
May 23, 2017
My Msi Gtx 1050ti 4GT OC V1 on 45 % fan speed (the lowest) has a noticeable whirring/ sort of hissing noise. If i increase the fan speed to 80% It becomes quite loud and 100% very loud.
Is this just the case of my gpu fan bearings wearing down over the 3 or so years of use?

Since the noise is affected by fan speed im just going to assume it isnt coil whine but the fan bearings or something. I have a wifi extension card blocking a quarter of one fan but I doubt that has anything to do with the noise.

Solution
My Msi Gtx 1050ti 4GT OC V1 on 45 % fan speed (the lowest) has a noticeable whirring/ sort of hissing noise. If i increase the fan speed to 80% It becomes quite loud and 100% very loud.
Is this just the case of my gpu fan bearings wearing down over the 3 or so years of use?

Since the noise is affected by fan speed im just going to assume it isnt coil whine but the fan bearings or something. I have a wifi extension card blocking a quarter of one fan but I doubt that has anything to do with the noise.
I think you are most likely correct...

I think you are most likely correct.

https://www.newegg.com/p/1Z4-0110-0...VAo_ICh2uqwpqEAQYASABEgLN0fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Solution

TRENDING THREADS