Does my CPU Have integrated graphics?

SLT16

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Hello. I have a 6th generation Intel core i7 6700. When i check my display adaptors in device manager, the only graphics card which appears is my GTX 970. I am planning on selling my 970 soon, which means i would need to use the integrated graphics for a short time before getting a new gpu. But the problem is, i cant because it simply does not show up meaning its unusable. Are there any drivers i would need to download to get integrated graphics on my chip? Or maybe my CPU does not support integrated graphics.

Thanks for your help :)

SLT16

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016

The problem is, once i unplug my gpu from the mobo my computer screen is just black.

It's probably a silly question to ask, but I assume you're plugging your monitor into one of the onboard video outputs? When you power the machine on after removing your video card, you get no display from any of the onboard ports?

Obviously, make sure you connect the monitor to teh MB and do a load optimised defcaults in the BIOS.

you have to connect the display to the graphics output (hdmi/dvi/dp) of your mainboard obviously
then, usually it shouldn't be a problem.

otherwise, boot to bios, set the iGPU as active GPU and then connect the display to the mainboard and remove the 970