Does my Laptop Have a PCI-e or PCI slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer8500

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Hi, I have an Acer Aspire V3-571-9890 and i was wondering if I can put in a new graphics card using a PCI or PCI-e slot, but i don't know if it has one of those slots, if you can help that would be great. If it doesn't have one, is it possible to get a PCI or PCI-e slot and put it in the laptop?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Laptops have neither PCIe or PCI slots (the type used in Desktops). Only laptops designed to support upgradable graphics have the necessary MXM connectors.

In your case, it does appear that Acer offers the laptop with both the integrated Intel video adapter (HD 4000) and an optional Nvidia video adapter. What does your system have now?

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Yes. Looking at the Acer website for your model, there is an optional Nvidia video controller in some systems. Contact Acer directly to see if they will sell to you.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Somebody must be confused. There is no way to install a dedicated desktop video card inside your laptop. It is physically impossible. There are video adapters that use a MXM format that can be installed into some laptops.

If your system has such a slot and you can find a supported adapter (I would recommend you try to use the same model that Acer uses for max heat, power, and fit compatibility), then you can install it.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Acer offers lots of variants of their models. Unless it is specifically designed for GPU upgrades via a MXM slot, you have no options.

Achint2000

Distinguished
Yes, you mostly would have to change your motherboard which is not easy on a laptop. I suggest that you buy a new assembled desktop which will be good.

Every laptop is not compatible with any motherboard. It has it's own motherboard which shouldn't be replaced.

Don't try to mess with your laptop, you'll ruin it. I have also :)

Status
Not open for further replies.