Does my new GTX 970 not support Vulkan api?

33miles-

Honorable
Jul 24, 2016
Hi all! I just recently upgraded from an EVGA GTX 960 FTW 2GB to a Zotac GTX 970 amp extreme core edition. And so far I'm loving it! But when doing benchmarks I found that my Vulkan tech demos don't work with my GTX 970... They worked with the 960 so now I'm concerned, does the 970 not support Vulkan api?

I used display driver uninstaller DDU utility when switching cards and did a clean driver installation on my 970. Also I see that Vulkan api runtime is installed on my PC. Right now I'm running driver ver 375.63 so second newest. If anyone has any thoughts on this I would love to hear them! :) Thanks so much for your time! :D

33miles-

Honorable
Jul 24, 2016
Hi Gelite5 thanks for the response. But that link ultimately leads me to the nvidia driver download page. And I already have the GPU driver installed. Although I got mine from the GeForce site which is where I always get my drivers from. Also it has been my understanding that Vulkan is bundled with every driver for a good while now. Thanks though. :) Do you have any other thoughts?

33miles-

Honorable
Jul 24, 2016
Installed latest driver and still no Vulkan. :( Can anyone else with a 970 tell me if this api works for them? I know very few games even support Vulkan currently but it could be big in the future. Could my tech demos of it be the issue? I don't want to have to buy DOOM to see if my card can do Vulkan, so please can someone help me? Thanks and I appreciate any information you guys can give me. :)

33miles-

Honorable
Jul 24, 2016
Thanks for the info king3pj. Sorry for the late response I sorta forgot about this thread. :( Last time I checked the tech demos still wouldn’t work on my gtx 970 even after a couple years of driver updates... Wierd because they worked on the 960. But oh well, even though the library of Vulkan supported games has grown since my first post on this at the end of 2016 none of them interest me... Hopefully something will come out in the future. Thanks again! :)