Does My PSU Need Replacing

baker88

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014
Hi my computer died a few months ago and left me with nothing right around the time i was going to get a xbox one so instead of getting a xbox one i did a rather budget gaming pc build so i had both a pc and something to game on, but now i am having problems while gaming on battlefield 4 (the only game i have got on my pc) basically it will crash here is a vid i uploaded to youtube,
http://youtu.be/eRrHLoaqFFc
this keeps happening all sometimes after 5 mins sometimes after 20 mins downloaded hardware monitor and the voltages dont look right to me here is a pic of hm,
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7sDw_2-vaYvNGVLa1dsZkU5aGs&usp=sharing
as you can see the voltages seem a bit low, now could it be my psu that is causing this or something else my specs are (budget for now but most will be getting replaced)
Cpu = intel pentium G3258,
Ram = corsair vengence 1600MHz,
mobo = gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V,
SSD = samsung 840 evo 120GB,
HDD = Western Digital black 1TB,
PSU = Corsair CX 430M,
Gpu = Asus amd r9 270X direct cu ii.

Solution
A Radeon R9-270X needs 24 amps on the 12v + rail and at least a 500 watt power supply.

The power supply is more than likely the issue , your computer is under-powered.

Semi-modular and made by SuperFlower = QUALITY.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($76.49 @ Amazon)
Total: $76.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-13 23:33 EDT-0400

OR

Non - modular but another top supply.

Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone...

baker88

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014

Yes that is what i was thinking, but would you say the psu was working fine as if it is not right i can send it back and put extra to a higher wattage on but if it is fine i will just sell it and put extra to it.

baker88

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014

Yeah i will definitely buy something beefier, i new this psu was not enough when i realized my psu only had one pci connector so i had to use the 2 pin molex to pci adapter that came with the card haha i will defiantly get something better

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
A Radeon R9-270X needs 24 amps on the 12v + rail and at least a 500 watt power supply.

The power supply is more than likely the issue , your computer is under-powered.

Semi-modular and made by SuperFlower = QUALITY.

Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($76.49 @ Amazon)
Total: $76.49
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-13 23:33 EDT-0400

OR

Non - modular but another top supply.

Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $59.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-13 23:35 EDT-0400

Solution