[SOLVED] Does overclocking my monitor damage it?

I have an AOC monitor that's 144hz, and I was wondering if it'd be safe to overclock it to something like 165hz. If it could damage my monitor/ reduce lifespan I wouldn't wanna do it. I tried researching this, but I got mixed results. Some say the lifespan would be barely reduced others say it won't affect it at all, others say it will damage it a lot and quickly.... It's quite confusing. It wouldn't be very common for me to hit 165fps in-game but if It doesn't affect my monitor's lifespan I say why not it's free performance right?

Last edited:
Solution
Technically it can overheat your monitors main circuit board and lower life expectancy, however people usually don't report that many issues in the longterm when overclocking their displays or long enough before they upgrade to another monitor. If your room is kept cool and your monitor display is set to shut off after a certain time being idle, then it should be fine. Just take proper care of your device and it'll last a while even if being overclocked.
Technically it can overheat your monitors main circuit board and lower life expectancy, however people usually don't report that many issues in the longterm when overclocking their displays or long enough before they upgrade to another monitor. If your room is kept cool and your monitor display is set to shut off after a certain time being idle, then it should be fine. Just take proper care of your device and it'll last a while even if being overclocked.

Reactions: PrinceTexasLoaf
Solution
Thank you for the fast reply, this makes much more sense.