[SOLVED] Does Powercolor Rx5700xt have drivers problems?

xMysT3ry

Prominent
Aug 27, 2019
I am considering buying a Powercolor Rx5700xt red devil. But then i found out that there is a driver problem with rx5700xt. (Game crashes, system boot loops etc.).I want to know if that can happen on powercolors graphic card too

Last edited:
Solution
That issue was for the first release drivers and for people who didn't pay attention to the power draw of the GPU in their system(plus the entire system's power draw) and/or for people with dodgy PSU's.

To be blunt, the GPU underneath is the same for all AIB partners. The only differences are their implementation of power delivery, higher quality components on VRM and different cooling assemblies. If the drivers are the issue, the issue would be for all AIB partners.

Lutfij

Titan
That issue was for the first release drivers and for people who didn't pay attention to the power draw of the GPU in their system(plus the entire system's power draw) and/or for people with dodgy PSU's.

To be blunt, the GPU underneath is the same for all AIB partners. The only differences are their implementation of power delivery, higher quality components on VRM and different cooling assemblies. If the drivers are the issue, the issue would be for all AIB partners.

Reactions: King_V
Solution

avioncumotor

Prominent
Sep 7, 2019
I would stay away from any 5700XT for now. I am by no means an experienced user, but I've had to RMA my card after 1 month. Running an 850 corsair PSU and PC works perfectly fine with an Nvidia card, but had consistent problems with my powercolor 5700XT and a lot of people are in the same situation, so it might be AMD's drivers. Have a look at this thread, and see the amount of complaints AMD gets: https://community.amd.com/message/2942884?commentID=2942884#comment-2942884