Does R9 290 really have so many issues?

Baloeb

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
I'm in the market for a new gpu. I wanted nvidia, but the 780 is too expensive and the 770 is less powerful than the r9 290, so I was thinking of going with AMD. Whenever I look into which card to get it seems everyone is returning their AMD card for nvidia and complaining about drivers and performance problems. Is it really that bad? Is there really that big a difference between the two, stability wise? I'm gaming at 1080p right now, but I like how the R9 290 offers a little more future proofing.

Solution
P.S: its nice to see people being unbiased too :) A NVidia expert giving meaningful advice on all gpus makes me feel a bit happier about the fate of humanity hehe
Nvidia expect? LOL hardly. The forum software using an "interesting" algorithm for the badges.
I try to be unbiased on suggestions, but for myself I stick with AMD cards

Rugnir_Viking

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
I have no problem with my older 7870 Tahiti LE, but i've not used the newer one. however i'd say that it would be hard for it to be quite that bad, and it is probably only a few people making a big fuss.

Rugnir_Viking

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

:) Great, go for it :)

P.S: its nice to see people being unbiased too :) A NVidia expert giving meaningful advice on all gpus makes me feel a bit happier about the fate of humanity hehe :)

Rugnir_Viking

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

He already said he's in the market for a new gpu. might as well get one that will last a while...

P.S: its nice to see people being unbiased too :) A NVidia expert giving meaningful advice on all gpus makes me feel a bit happier about the fate of humanity hehe
Nvidia expect? LOL hardly. The forum software using an "interesting" algorithm for the badges.
I try to be unbiased on suggestions, but for myself I stick with AMD cards

Solution