[SOLVED] Does RAM speed and amount affect OBS?

jarismic

Commendable
Nov 1, 2018
I currently have 8GB of 2400mhz RAM
I've been trying to record my gameplay while playing games like red dead redemption and sea of thieves, however even if my game is a constant 60fps and obs also says it's refcording 60fps, i notice that it stutters or lags at some points in the recording.

I also currently have a 1650 SUPER as my GPU but upgreading it isn't an option for me, so I was wondering if my RAM would affect my recordings at all and if upgrading to 16GB of 3600mhz would improve it.

Thanks

Solution
I've been trying to record my gameplay while playing games like red dead redemption and sea of thieves, however even if my game is a constant 60fps and obs also says it's refcording 60fps, i notice that it stutters or lags at some points in the recording.

I also currently have a 1650 SUPER as my GPU but upgreading it isn't an option for me, so I was wondering if my RAM would affect my recordings at all and if upgrading to 16GB of 3600mhz would improve it.

Thanks
No it has nothing to do with RAM,unless you get the same stutters without recording which would mean that the game might need more ram to run smoothly.

It's either a task manager problem because you didn't put OBS to the highest...

Thanks
No it has nothing to do with RAM,unless you get the same stutters without recording which would mean that the game might need more ram to run smoothly.

It's either a task manager problem because you didn't put OBS to the highest priority or it's because of some disk issue were it might skip to a different part of the disk due to fragmentation causing a delay while recording.

Solution