[SOLVED] Does Ryzen 3rd gen (out of the box) work on the Gigabyte B450 AORUS Elite V2?

Jan 27, 2021
So basically I ordered a b450 Aorus Elite V2. It came today. I don't have, and will not have my CPU for a long time, so I can't test. I was reading reviews on Amazon, and they said they would need a bios update for a 3rd gen Ryzen. However, more recent reviews said it worked with their 3rd gen out of the box. I looked into the compatibility on Gigabytes website, and they claim that their motherboard would support 3rd gen Ryzen as of F1 bios update. It also claims that the F1 bios was the first bios release. I am confused weather release just means "yeah, this is the first new bios update available" or "yeah, it is the first bios ever made, and it comes preinstalled". Though I am not sure, I am inclined to believe the latter, as even 1st gen & 2nd gen Ryzen was only supported as of the F1 bios update. PC part picker says that it is ok and supportive also. Here is the links to the pages for my motherboard. If anyone knows the answer, or is willing to do some digging, please tell me! Thanks!

Here are the links to get started:

Gigabyte: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-Elite-V2-rev-1x/sp#sp

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-B450-AORUS-V2-Motherboard/dp/B08LG2JC4B

Solution
Gigabyte B450 AORUS Elite V2 - CPU Support List
When in doubt, always check the CPU Support List. As you noted, the 3rd Generation Ryzen processors are compatible with the F1 BIOS. This is the initial BIOS installed onto the motherboard before it leaves the factory. In this case, this B450 chip set motherboard is natively compatible with the 3rd generation Ryzen processors.

-Wolf sends
hi, ryzen 3rd gen is 5000 series CPU, 2nd gen is 3000 series cpu
for 3rd gen u need bios F60
3000 series cpu's are 3rd gen and 5000 series cpu's are 5th gen. The amazon link has the ''3000 series ready'' sticker on the box so it should be good to go for 3rd gen cpu's out of the box. Looking at that motherboards support page, the F1 BIOS supports 3rd,2nd and 1st gen cpu's and the F60 BIOS is for the 5th gen cpu's.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Gigabyte B450 AORUS Elite V2 - CPU Support List
When in doubt, always check the CPU Support List. As you noted, the 3rd Generation Ryzen processors are compatible with the F1 BIOS. This is the initial BIOS installed onto the motherboard before it leaves the factory. In this case, this B450 chip set motherboard is natively compatible with the 3rd generation Ryzen processors.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jan 27, 2021
3000 series cpu's are 3rd gen and 5000 series cpu's are 5th gen. The amazon link has the ''3000 series ready'' sticker on the box so it should be good to go for 3rd gen cpu's out of the box. Looking at that motherboards support page, the F1 BIOS supports 3rd,2nd and 1st gen cpu's and the F60 BIOS is for the 5th gen cpu's.

Oh yeah. I'm planning a 3600. I got the package today, and it has the 3000 series sticker on it.

Feb 13, 2021
I have a Ryzen 5 3600 3rd gen, and B450 AORUS Elite V2 (rev. 1.x) motherboard . On the processors box it says "Discrete Graphics Card Required". So I got to thinkin' "Maybe the onboard graphics ports doesn't work, and maybe only 1 HDMI port works on my RTX 1050 TI" and low and behold.... HDMI 1 was putting out video and none of the others. I spent several hours searching forums and fearing a BIOS update. Hopefully this helps someone. Stupid little piddly frustrating things computers are.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I have a Ryzen 5 3600 3rd gen, and B450 AORUS Elite V2 (rev. 1.x) motherboard . On the processors box it says "Discrete Graphics Card Required". So I got to thinkin' "Maybe the onboard graphics ports doesn't work, and maybe only 1 HDMI port works on my RTX 1050 TI" and low and behold.... HDMI 1 was putting out video and none of the others. I spent several hours searching forums and fearing a BIOS update. Hopefully this helps someone. Stupid little piddly frustrating things computers are.
Motherboards haven't had integrated graphics for several generations. For a few years now, graphics have been integrated with the CPU and excluded from the motherboard.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: CountMike