Does sudden shutdown damage computer hardware?

hhuuy897

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015
I have upgraded my cpu in December.
Fx 6300
Gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2pt rev 4.1
4gb ddr3 ram
500gb hdd.

So since then i have been running my system without an ups. The region where i live suffers from frequent electricity cutoffs. As i dont hv an ups, when these cutoff happens my system shuts down.. Im worried that will this sudden shutdowns will damage my components.. Im mainly worried about processor n motherboard.
Will these sudden shutdowns will affect my processor n motherboard?
Most of all how will i know if my processor or motherboard is degrading? Will they show any kind of symptoms? Plz help.

Reactions: joshfoot5
Solution
The highest risk is usually data loss or corruption. Depending on how dirty power is when power goes out and comes back on, strain on the PSU's input components and how gracefully the 5VSB/APFC handle unstable power may also be factors. One of my PSUs did have a catastrophic failure when the power company changed the power meter - the PSU blew up on their third or fourth attempt at socketing the meter in and I saw some sparks light up the wall behind it. The middle pin (drain) of the 5VSB FET got vaporized.

InvalidError

Titan
The highest risk is usually data loss or corruption. Depending on how dirty power is when power goes out and comes back on, strain on the PSU's input components and how gracefully the 5VSB/APFC handle unstable power may also be factors. One of my PSUs did have a catastrophic failure when the power company changed the power meter - the PSU blew up on their third or fourth attempt at socketing the meter in and I saw some sparks light up the wall behind it. The middle pin (drain) of the 5VSB FET got vaporized.

Reactions: joshfoot5
Solution
Mar 1, 2019
I have upgraded my cpu in December.
Fx 6300
Gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2pt rev 4.1
4gb ddr3 ram
500gb hdd.

So since then i have been running my system without an ups. The region where i live suffers from frequent electricity cutoffs. As i dont hv an ups, when these cutoff happens my system shuts down.. Im worried that will this sudden shutdowns will damage my components.. Im mainly worried about processor n motherboard.
Will these sudden shutdowns will affect my processor n motherboard?
Most of all how will i know if my processor or motherboard is degrading? Will they show any kind of symptoms? Plz help.
Do you have the answers to your problem?
We have the same situation.

Mar 1, 2019
you can see performance change on any benchmark passmark is my favorite. the only thing that will really be "damaged" is data your computer is working on. you might get some corrupted files ect. but the hardware should be fine
Do you know how to avoid damaging the computer or lessen the damaged if possible, The region I live also suffers in frequent electricity cutoffs?