Does text go uphill on LCDs?

genegold

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2004
OK, I know this forum is oriented to and dominated by gamers, but some of you must deal with word processors from time to time, too. In going around looking at 17-19" LCD monitors at various stores, one of the tests I perform is to auto adjust the monitor, reset the effects in XP to Clear Type and then create a one page document, either in MS Works or WordPerfect, whichever is available on that computer. While doing so, I've noticed this strange effect, namely that with at least most monitors text appears to run uphill from left to right. I've even called over the salesmen to verify it, and of course they've never noticed this before and can't think of a screen or furniture adjustment that would fix it. Does anyone know if this effect is in the nature of LCDs, or what else might be causing it?

Gene

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
So your using an analog connection on the LCD and is there a splitter? If so there's your problem. Can't say I have noticed that on any of the lcd's I have worked with...

The one and only "Monstrous BULLgarian!"

genegold

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2004
I'm speaking about working on individual computers, not a bank of monitors hooked together. What interconnection there are between the individual computers, I don't know, but what I do on one doesn't have any noticeable effect on any other. In fact, they are sometimes in different parts of the store. Ironically, the one time I did use a bank of monitors tied via a splitter, I didn't notice the uphill effect.